Pics Poost ye dagz.

So Chip has now started launching off the couch, which is not good for the dachshund back and joints and stuff, so it's time to get him a ramp.

Rather than buying an overpriced "doggoramp" or some other bullshit off Amazon, I decided to break out Fusion 360 and have a go at designing something different. Here's Chip's new combination ramp and hidey hole, designed to be laser cut out of a 4x4' sheet of 1/4" birch plywood.

Hopefully getting this thing laser cut later this week at my friend's tech shop, and gluing it up this weekend.

View attachment 15720
Ah, the magical box where all lost things are found.

So Chip has now started launching off the couch, which is not good for the dachshund back and joints and stuff, so it's time to get him a ramp.

Rather than buying an overpriced "doggoramp" or some other bullshit off Amazon, I decided to break out Fusion 360 and have a go at designing something different. Here's Chip's new combination ramp and hidey hole, designed to be laser cut out of a 4x4' sheet of 1/4" birch plywood.

Hopefully getting this thing laser cut later this week at my friend's tech shop, and gluing it up this weekend.

View attachment 15720
My daschund loves hidey holes. He would sleep under my bed.

220213790image0000001.jpg
Got the thing unclamped.

Waiting overnight to make sure the glue's fully dry, then Chip gets his new gift in the morning.

Give those edges a quick ease over with a sanding block, they look a little sharp
The laser cutter actually does a pretty good job blunting the corners, it's not like a router cut. Plus the ramp's pretty lightweight so it's not hurting your fingers when you try to carry it or anything, even one handed.

I should go weigh the thing. It's probably 75% surface of a 4x4', 1/4" birch plywood sheet, plus 4 square feet of shitty carpet.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
The laser cutter actually does a pretty good job blunting the corners, it's not like a router cut. Plus the ramp's pretty lightweight so it's not hurting your fingers when you try to carry it or anything, even one handed.

I should go weigh the thing. It's probably 75% surface of a 4x4', 1/4" birch plywood sheet, plus 4 square feet of shitty carpet.
That's pretty cool.