Pics Poost ye dagz.

So, I take the pup to vet for shots - he'll be 4 months next weekend. Vet says "you know, he's gonna be a big one". "Do you think he's fat?" "No, but he's about 2 months ahead of where he should be on weight at 25 lbs - he'll probably finish around 55-60 lb." Oh well, and here I had promised the moms he would be 35-40.:oopsie:

dog bed GIF

Maybe the Woodchucks in the woodchuck stew you're feeding him were using steroids, Eddie.

Still cracks me up. Attach them to drones :lol:
Drop down in people's yards :lol::lol:
I swear I had read they actually use those little guys for stuff like that. About as close to hunting as most of them will ever get. They'd probably make decent mushroom hunting dogs except the short legs - they're at the right height. Lot of short breeds are used for that. Add: female animals for the hunting - the shrooms give off a a smell that mimcs a male sex hormone.

So, I take the pup to vet for shots - he'll be 4 months next weekend. Vet says "you know, he's gonna be a big one". "Do you think he's fat?" "No, but he's about 2 months ahead of where he should be on weight at 25 lbs - he'll probably finish around 55-60 lb." Oh well, and here I had promised the moms he would be 35-40.:oopsie:

dog bed GIF
Good luck. We've fought Smokey's weight for years (because of his gimped leg), but he's just a stocky little fucker. He ought to be around 35 pounds, has the height, length, and girth of a dog that should be about 35 pounds, but weighs between 40 and 45.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

dog bed GIF
told you fuckers.

• Haha
Good luck. We've fought Smokey's weight for years (because of his gimped leg), but he's just a stocky little fucker. He ought to be around 35 pounds, has the height, length, and girth of a dog that should be about 35 pounds, but weighs between 40 and 45.
Is Smokey the one in the picture of the car paint? That one very interesting.

No, that's Scout, who is ACD crossed with Pit and Golden Retriever.

Smokey is pretty much pure ACD:
View attachment 14024
Ah - must be a close cousin of my lad. He's a cutie!

Yeah, you showed the genetic profile of Scout. That was pretty cool. Years ago I went to a remote shelter to look at some dogs - ran around in their yard with one that was ACD and Pit. I didn't have a firm idea of what an ACD would look like at the time but your Scout is very similar in conformation and color to that one.🤘

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Ah - must be a close cousin of my lad. He's a cutie!

Yeah, you showed the genetic profile of Scout. That was pretty cool. Years ago I went to a remote shelter to look at some dogs - ran around in their yard with one that was ACD and Pit. I didn't have a firm idea of what an ACD would look like at the time but your Scout is very similar in conformation and color to that one.🤘
Stumpy tail cattle dogs are (according to the breed standard) purely blue, while ACDs can be blue, red, or tricolor.

Scout has pretty standard coloring for an ACD, but the single coat of a pit, the hind leg muscles of a pit, and the attitude and retrieving habits of a golden. She doesn't herd (much), but will fetch all day long.

• Haha
Stumpy tail cattle dogs are (according to the breed standard) purely blue, while ACDs can be blue, red, or tricolor.

Scout has pretty standard coloring for an ACD, but the single coat of a pit, the hind leg muscles of a pit, and the attitude and retrieving habits of a golden. She doesn't herd (much), but will fetch all day long.
Sonic definitely has the double coat - no stumpy tail. He can wiggle that thing like a snake whilst turding. I killed the only herdable animals I had. Poor ol chickens :( Fetch is hit/miss. Great indoor, too many distractions outdoors. kids!

Trimming parts of this half-dead tree so that when it does fall over it doesn't land on the house.

YZrFhVp.jpg

What followed was the great stick war of Spring 2021

The standoff

GwCYUD3.jpg

The opening attack

aKrva2Z.jpg
E4BVyFo.jpg

Pepper gives ground and adopts a defensive posture

UNKkH3F.jpg

BUT ITS A FEINT! SHE RISES UP TO ATTACK!

TIV2n1o.jpg

pmpC8dY.jpg

The diversion looks like a success as Pepper gains the upper maw

HxrQqLx.jpg

To the victor goes the spoils, and the loser watches in despair.

hjCkmCO.jpg

Xj3yEGc.jpg

The kids started back to school in person, now the dogs are home alone on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, and it's making Scout nervous.

She gets so excited when I come home from work on those days that she'll piddle a bit.

Gotta work on that, I guess, especially since after this weekend, we'll be adding Monday, too (since @AppleTurkey is being shifted from Tuesday-Saturday to Monday-Friday).

Hard floors and area rugs ftw, as long as the rugs are such you can wash them with a garden hose and hang them outside to dry.

That size ends at about 5x7 or so.

The kids started back to school in person, now the dogs are home alone on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, and it's making Scout nervous.

She gets so excited when I come home from work on those days that she'll piddle a bit.

Gotta work on that, I guess, especially since after this weekend, we'll be adding Monday, too (since @AppleTurkey is being shifted from Tuesday-Saturday to Monday-Friday).
Luna used to do that. We fixed it by opening the door and having her do her greeting dance outside. She'd run around the yard a bit after smelling us, then pee somewhere and come back inside to be a lazy lump.