Pics Poost ye dagz.

DEvious fucker. Is this what I have to look forward to? Probably does seems to be a wickedly smart breed.
Pretty much yeah. They'll also act perfectly well behaved until there is just enough space to grab and swallow an entire slice of pumpkin cheesecake. They are always 100% aware of everything happening. Swear he doesn't really sleep, more like power-save mode.

Pretty much yeah. They'll also act perfectly well behaved until there is just enough space to grab and swallow an entire slice of pumpkin cheesecake. They are always 100% aware of everything happening. Swear he doesn't really sleep, more like power-save mode.
That last part - the pup is like that 90% of the time. Occasionally he goes into deep power-saver and wakes up super groggy. "Come on dude" - just lays there. Just to see how far he'll play it out I'll pull him slowly out of the crate, stop halfway out. [Side-glance] "nope, still not getting up. Don't wanna go potty." I almost worry about this deep sleep thing, bit atypical compared to our other dogs. But as you say, seems to have a lot of awareness so maybe he feels in control :rolleyes:

Things the 13.5 week old pup seems to know good->better:
Ring sleight bells hanging on front-door knob and wait(please) to go out. Barking is optional.
"Fetch, bring, set-down, sit. kennel. outside"
Will bring his 3 main toys by name, 80% correct? Hair better than shear odds? meh, I think it's wishful thinking on my wife's part :lol: Fucking schoolteachers!
Will run around the house, then to back of pole barn on single uttering of "check the chicken!?"
Poor pup - he got a cabin-fevered virtual schoolteacher for his meat-world mommy. Hour of school for that boy every day - in 15 minute blocks.

Things the 13.5 week old pup seems to know good->better:
Ring sleight bells hanging on front-door knob and wait(please) to go out. Barking is optional.
"Fetch, bring, set-down, sit. kennel. outside"
Will bring his 3 main toys by name, 80% correct? Hair better than shear odds? meh, I think it's wishful thinking on my wife's part :lol: Fucking schoolteachers!
Will run around the house, then to back of pole barn on single uttering of "check the chicken!?"
Poor pup - he got a cabin-fevered virtual schoolteacher for his meat-world mommy. Hour of school for that boy every day - in 15 minute blocks.
If something is motivating enough they learn very quickly. First time I told him we were going to the dog park he just did the intent listening head rocking. Second or third time I told him we were going to the dog park he completely lost his shit. Your boy wants to learn.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
If something is motivating enough they learn very quickly. First time I told him we were going to the dog park he just did the intent listening head rocking. Second or third time I told him we were going to the dog park he completely lost his shit. Your boy wants to learn.
We employ a few motivation-association devices. 5 pack of clickers, small training treats, lots of good boys. We have the K-9 Kannon tennis ball launcher - we go through the entire trilogy for that. Sit. FETCH!. Bring IT! Set(down)!. Sit. Treat. Good boy. repeat. Front yard is 250X300 so this is a common activity around here. And dog frisbbee. No actual bark park around here, too rural - possibly in the next town over. But he will learn "park" - have an awesome county park 2 miles away that is just trails intended for equestrian and a training area for your horses. Have never seen a horse, or it's shit, there.:fly: Lots of 'shrooms though.

Scout got some chicken wing bones yesterday. The vet only mentioned blockages and upset over the sauce when I called. WHAT ABOUT PERFORATING HIS GI?

Scout got some chicken wing bones yesterday. The vet only mentioned blockages and upset over the sauce when I called. WHAT ABOUT PERFORATING HIS GI?
Scout sprunges at the park when she goes for a walk and has eaten multiple pieces of chicken bones left by filthy park users who don't bother to clean up after themselves, despite our best efforts to keep her off them.

Our vet told us not to worry about splintering once its down, as 1) cooked bones are softer and less likely to splinter and 2) this process is hastened along by stomach acid.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Scout sprunges at the park when she goes for a walk and has eaten multiple pieces of chicken bones left by filthy park users who don't bother to clean up after themselves, despite our best efforts to keep her off them.

Our vet told us not to worry about splintering once its down, as 1) cooked bones are softer and less likely to splinter and 2) this process is hastened along by stomach acid.
This was my fault. But in general I have never hated litterers as much as I do now.

Oh, look at the cute little fairy garden trash all through this walking path! Oh, you had an easter egg hunt in a State Park and didn't find all the eggs! Oh, my hands are sliced up because I had to wrestle a mikes hard can from my dog's mouth!

Lizard season is beginning, saw a few of em while doing yardwork yesterday
Which means Ill likely begin finding their chewed corpses all over my back patio
At least you don't have to figure the caloric content into Alice's dog food ration for the day, since she just chews 'em and leaves 'em.

Smokey and Scout will eat as many of those fuckers as they catch.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
At least you don't have to figure the caloric content into Alice's dog food ration for the day, since she just chews 'em and leaves 'em.

Smokey and Scout will eat as many of those fuckers as they catch.

Well shell eat about half of each one
Plus grasshoppers when she can
Also, dried worms on the sidewalk, or as we call it "worm jerky"