Pics Poost ye dagz.

@Dory
Any clue what the fuck is on Pepper's jaw? I think she jams her nose into holes as she's digging, possible its just a contusion?

View attachment 10633

View attachment 10634
Also sorry to be a dumbass but is this the dog with the the bleeding gum? Did this resolve? If same dog with two issues round the jaw you may want to get a real check up when possible and discuss both issues. Could well be deep root tooth problems, nothing at all or something more.

Same dog as had the bumps, they seem to be gone. I do think that was from digging as I haven't seen any in a while and we've been keeping her from digging.
Based on how old she was when we got her, we gave her the semi-arbitrary birthday of New Year's, so she's a year and a half. Generally she's got good tooth hygiene.

Her gums were really bloody for a couple days, we took everything away and they went from an angry red to a pink color, but now she's back at a red with blood and she doesn't have anything to chew on.

Same dog as had the bumps, they seem to be gone. I do think that was from digging as I haven't seen any in a while and we've been keeping her from digging.
Based on how old she was when we got her, we gave her the semi-arbitrary birthday of New Year's, so she's a year and a half. Generally she's got good tooth hygiene.

Her gums were really bloody for a couple days, we took everything away and they went from an angry red to a pink color, but now she's back at a red with blood and she doesn't have anything to chew on.
She's too old to be teething or having teeth grow in. What chews would she usually have that may have caused an inflammation? Anything that's brittle and can break and tear like rawhide? Teeth are weird, if it carries on I'd get a dental check for sure for any cracks etc.

She's too old to be teething or having teeth grow in. What chews would she usually have that may have caused an inflammation? Anything that's brittle and can break and tear like rawhide? Teeth are weird, if it carries on I'd get a dental check for sure for any cracks etc.
Nothing brittle, we usually go for some natural stuff, antlers and crap. Try to keep rawhide out of the house cause Luna will chew until she has blood on the toy.

The danger is, you'd take on a pound basset hound as the previous owner said it was lazy and it turned out it was the owner who was a fat lazy slob who overfed the basset, when the basset will run for miles given a non-fat lazy owner.