Pics Poost ye dagz.

Theres no need to get a dog neutered unless you're an irresponsible dog owner. Sorry to hear about your pups side effects, that sucks.
Getting your female spayed means less dealing with period blood, and dealing with male dogs being assholes around them. Even neutered males act up around a female in heat - we had an unspayed female at the dog daycare business once, was paying attention to other shit and sure enough, I ended up with a neutered male and the female stuck together for a few minutes.

The unspayed female was a husky with neurological issues (seizures and shit) that they didn't want to risk putting under anesthesia to do a spay.

Getting your male dog neutered means less dealing with horny dog behavior. Seen lots of that.

Overall it's probably not necessary but it's certainly convenient, and I don't have any ethical issues with spaying/neutering.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Theres no need to get a dog neutered unless you're an irresponsible dog owner. Sorry to hear about your pups side effects, that sucks.
There's a need to get my dogs neutered/spayed in Albuquerque, in order to license them.

The price goes from $6/yr to $150/yr if I want to keep the dog intact.

There's a need to get my dogs neutered/spayed in Albuquerque, in order to license them.

does anyone actually ever you know... say, "gimme your dags license"?

Well North Americans are obsessed with controlling bodily autonomy so that doesn't surprise me. Makes a lovely contrast to Scandinavia where you cant neuter your dog unless the vet seems it necessary, you cant cage/crate your dog and there are far fewer issues with dogs in those countries.

Getting your female spayed means less dealing with period blood, and dealing with male dogs being assholes around them. Even neutered males act up around a female in heat - we had an unspayed female at the dog daycare business once, was paying attention to other shit and sure enough, I ended up with a neutered male and the female stuck together for a few minutes.

The unspayed female was a husky with neurological issues (seizures and shit) that they didn't want to risk putting under anesthesia to do a spay.

Getting your male dog neutered means less dealing with horny dog behavior. Seen lots of that.

Overall it's probably not necessary but it's certainly convenient, and I don't have any ethical issues with spaying/neutering.
You had an unspayed female in heat at your doggy daycare? Uh......
And if she wasnt in heat then her being fixed or not is irrelevant. I've seen dogs tie when both parties were fixed.

Horny dog behaviour is such a crock of shit too. Targ had his balls his whole life, never humped a thing. My womb less female dog on the other hand? Humps all the time. It's over excitement and hyper arousal not sexual drive that drives the behaviour. Do you think swedish people go round all day with their dogs humping everything in sight because they all have their balls? No. They don't.

You had an unspayed female in heat at your doggy daycare? Uh......
And if she wasnt in heat then her being fixed or not is irrelevant. I've seen dogs tie when both parties were fixed.
Again, it was a dog with neurological issues that was too risky to spay.

Dude had to work, the dog had to be supervised and couldn't be left alone for hours at a time (same neurological issues...) - ideally we wouldn't have an unspayed female in heat at the daycare, but we had no intact males around at the time so there was no puppy risk, just the extra work of managing other dogs around this dog.

Nobody else was gonna take the dog for daycare. It needed supervision, needed a bunch of drugs given to it, was intact, went into heat every now and then... every other place was gonna say fuck no to that shit, so we stepped up for the guy who owned her. And she was a sweetheart and good to have around.

Horny dog behaviour is such a crock of shit too. Targ had his balls his whole life, never humped a thing. My womb less female dog on the other hand? Humps all the time. It's over excitement and hyper arousal not sexual drive that drives the behaviour. Do you think swedish people go round all day with their dogs humping everything in sight because they all have their balls? No. They don't.
It's bad behavior, but we weren't responsible for training every fuckin' dog that came through the door. Congrats on having a well behaved intact dog.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Quit actin like a buncha damn hillbilly ghetto trash an get yer pets fixed.
You may reconsider this policy after all the shelters and killing rooms and breeder mills are out of business.

Quit actin like a buncha damn hillbilly ghetto trash an get yer pets fixed.
You may reconsider this policy after all the shelters and killing rooms and breeder mills are out of business.
Fuck yeah. Anyone who argues about desexing requirements needs to come work in an animal shelter here for a while. So fuckin' many puppies from "miracle of life" idiots that suddenly realize that they can't possibly be responsible for 8-12 additional dogs, that then drop them off in a box, where they then get euthanized in a week.

He's fine. Just a very reactive dog. Normally, he sleeps in his own bed, but I guess it was too cold for him last night or something (it's like 12°F(reedumb) outside today).

Are you ok? Beard still intact?
You've been through some damage lately.

Fuck yeah. Anyone who argues about desexing requirements needs to come work in an animal shelter here for a while. So fuckin' many puppies from "miracle of life" idiots that suddenly realize that they can't possibly be responsible for 8-12 additional dogs, that then drop them off in a box, where they then get euthanized in a week.

The ones here are always full too.
They claim to be a "no kill" shelter which just means when they run out of room they'll transfer some someplace else that'll put em down instead.
All kinda organizations and non-profits do what they can but it amounts to trying to stop a flood with a mop and bucket.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
dunno. I cleaned it with alcohol, and it seems to have stopped bleeding mostly. Got a fat lip though.

If it stopped bleeding. The mouth / lips tend to bleed a lot even when slightly damaged. Sucks. That's gonna hurt for a while.

If it stopped bleeding. The mouth / lips tend to bleed a lot even when slightly damaged. Sucks. That's gonna hurt for a while.
I've had this constant low-level pain for about the past month that I can't quite shake.

I dunno what from, but maybe I'll die soon. That would certainly be a change of pace.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie