Poor Customer Service Stories

Circuit City and Cal Spas

Had a smartass store manager at CC, ended up writting to the corp. office because of it.

Cal Spas, the instore customer service is fine, but once you get it installed they totally suck, I would never do business with them again and will tell anyone that might be thinking of doing business with them to run the other way.

omg you watched some biased doc against walmarts business ethics and you'll never shop there again?

sheep

Hey now, I stated specifically why I won't shop there and I don't know who the biased doc you speak of is. I just don't like the quality of the products they sell there and they don't really stand behind any of it. For example, we bought a fryer there and it was the biggest peice of crap ever. It didn't really even get hot enough to fry anything. But try and return a fryer after it has been used. Impossible. How was I supposed to know the product didn't really work without actually using it? I've bought clothes from them that fell apart after one wash, and housewares that didn't wear well. I cannot justify spending any more money there. They have robbed me of too much already. If I'm a sheep for making such an informed decision, then baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Last edited:
Hey now, I stated specifically why I won't shop there and I don't know who the biased doc you speak of is. I just don't like the quality of the products they sell there and they don't really stand behind any of it. For example, we bought a fryer there and it was the biggest peice of crap ever. It didn't really even get hot enough to fry anything. But try and return a fryer after it has been used. Impossible. How was I supposed to know the product didn't really work without actually using it? I've bought clothes from them that fell apart after one wash, and housewares that didn't wear well. I cannot justify spending any more money there. They have robbed me of too much already. If I'm a sheep for making such an informed decision, then baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

That is almost unbelievable, you guys have a really shitty Walmart by you then.

We used to go buy 600 bucks worth of camping supplies for Live Stock and then return it 3 days later all dirty and used :fly:. I have never in all my walmart experience seen someone get denied returning something. My buddies girlfriend works there and just a couple months ago somebody returned a pair of 5 year old socks, had the receipt so they took em back. Walmart's around here will take back anything, anytime usually only 1 question asked "what didnt you like about it?"

That is almost unbelievable, you guys have a really shitty Walmart by you then.

We used to go buy 600 bucks worth of camping supplies for Live Stock and then return it 3 days later all dirty and used :fly:. I have never in all my walmart experience seen someone get denied returning something. My buddies girlfriend works there and just a couple months ago somebody returned a pair of 5 year old socks, had the receipt so they took em back. Walmart's around here will take back anything, anytime usually only 1 question asked "what didnt you like about it?"

I used to work at Sam's during college. My bud worked at the walmart next door. He said one time a lady came in and returned a used diper. I kid you not, the diaper had shit in it and she brought it back and claimed that the leak proof seal leaked or something like that. They exchanged it for a different brand. :iono:

You guys make it sound like the only brand Walmart carries is its own store brand. They do carry name brand equipment such as Dells, HPs, Apple Ipods, brand name vehicle tires, etc etc to name a few. Walmart only has a few house brands and a lot of it is pharmaceutical or health related, such as vitamins and allergy medication.
I will agree that some of their prices aren't the low price they claim to be, especially when it comes to food.

the whole point of walmart is to buy crap you'll use for a weekend and dispose of it afterwords... not to look for furniture deals or something :p

You guys make it sound like the only brand Walmart carries is its own store brand. They do carry name brand equipment such as Dells, HPs, Apple Ipods, brand name vehicle tires, etc etc to name a few. Walmart only has a few house brands and a lot of it is pharmaceutical or health related, such as vitamins and allergy medication.
I will agree that some of their prices aren't the low price they claim to be, especially when it comes to food.

I think you'd be shocked just how many "name brands" are really "Walmart Brands" I used to work for a midwestern equivalent to Walmart called "Meijer" and they had a different name brand for everything from lawn mowers to underwear. Sometimes two or three different brands for the same item (each name sounding "fancier" lol). One of the first things you got when you were hired is a list of every brand the store owns. Now this might not be the case at Walmart, because its a non union company, but Meijer WAS a part of the UFCW.

The thing about buying name brand products from a place like Walmart is that even though they might be a name you know, they aren't necessarily the same quality as the same brand at a better store. Clothing is the most notable example of this. I can buy Levi's from Walmart, but they will not hold up as well as Levi's from a Levi's store or a more reputable department store. There is a reason it's cheaper at Walmart. I have no idea what electronics are like at Walmart because I have never bought them there nor have I bothered to research it. The point is that companies will make specific lines of products to sell at specific types of stores. You really aren't getting the same quality.

The other thing that bothers me about Walmart is that if you buy a cd from them you have to get the radio edited version because of their "morals". I can choose for myself whether I want me or my children or my grandparents or whomever to hear bad language. I don't need corporate america or the government or anybody to choose for me. I suppose that is the topic of a different debate though.

My point is that Walmart irritates me and I choose not to shop there. I don't appreciate the way I have been treated by their employees and I don't like the products I have bought there in the past.

omg you watched some biased doc against walmarts business ethics and you'll never shop there again?

sheep

i believe he (or she?) is referring to me.

and yes, i am lemming-like. there's that doc tho, and that whole newspaper/lawsuit/thingy that i use for data.

haven't been in a walmart in over a year probably

I bought a TV from walmart about 10 years back and its built in guide still amazes me. The TV has more than paid for itself over the years. Oh and I got 2142 from waly world last night and it was only 28 bucks, Wally world ROCKS