Poor Customer Service Stories

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
I'm always wary to post a new thread since I've not seen EVERY thread ever posted and am worried the topic will have already been addressed, but uh.. here goes.. :fly:

seeing as we had our lawn equipment stolen i've got to replace it. i keep a running note pad with dry erase markers on our bathroom mirror (GREAT place to keep those notes BTW, erases with tissue, and that's just a place that you SHOULD be every day) and made the mistake of writing "Home Depot".

I've vowed not to shop there ever again after an episode about a year ago.

I've got 8 people at my house watching football, waiting for me to crank up the grill, i crank it up, and find i'm out of gas. no worries, HD is literally 4 minutes from the crib. i run over and they've got that new automated dispenser thingy. run your card, punch in a number of a gated thing with a full tank, and it opens, you put the used one in, and ride out.

well, there were problems.. isht ain't open up, and i happen to be in a hurry. go inside for some customer service.. long story short, i wait there AN HOUR and when one finally opens the b*tch out there GIVES IT TO A CUSTOMER WHO HAD BEEN THERE HALF AS LONG AS I HAD BEEN because "his number was put in" or some isht (there was by this time almost a dozen like minded dudes waiting for propane).. i seriously never wanted to slap a woman so hard.

anyway, i've sworn off home depot bec of this experience.

and as many of you know, i will never shop at wal mart again if i can possibly help it (exceptions made for life and death emergencies, and an "only shop in town" case while traveling, etc) after seeing that doc on their business ethics.

as a customer service person, I'd like to protest.

Don't put in a service call on your pc qeuipment and then just up and leave on vacation. How to hell do you expect me to verify your isssue is fixed if you are on vacation?

well, it's just retarded when inventions that are supposed to improve customer service and efficiency DON'T.

aside from the general "bitchyness" of that lady.. i was like, "ma'am, i've been patient, haven't raised my voice, haven't cussed anybody out.. but i'm approaching letter-writing status."

"well, what do you want ME to do about it?" she says..

"I WANT YOU TO GET ME A FOCKING TANK OF PROPANE!!!!" I say in my head..

it almost got ugly..

I go to Panera Bread for lunch. Upon getting mine and my gf at the time's sandwiches, I find that they are indeed very cold. I go back up to the counter and report that the sandwiches were never even warmed up. The $4/hr whore replies with a roll of her eyes and grabs the sandwiches. I wait as she angrily warms them up. After tossing the sandwiches back on a tray, she proceeds to LAUNCH the tray at me so that I have to grab it before the entire thing falls on the ground. I laugh and walk away.

On the way back to the table, I stew about what just happened and decide I need to engage management. After setting the sandwiches down (to fucking get cold again), I walk back up to the counter and ask to speak with a manager. The autistic idiot points to a manager and mumbles, "Talk to him. jdsafjdfjasklmeow." I walk up to this appointed person and ask him if he manager, he replies, "This isn't my store." I knew things were going south. After chatting up the guy and realizing his lack of care, I ask for the district manager's name. Come to find out, he IS the district manager. Wow. So I get the information of the franchise owner for all the Panera's in the area.

I now call the office of the franchise owner. I get the sexretary and unload on her. She apologizes and says the owner will call me back. He did, we spoke at length and he seemed somewhat concerned. As part of his apology, he offers to send me coupons for free sandwiches in hopes that I'll give their restaurant another chance. Yeah, those fucking coupons never even arrived.

Now myself and no one with me is ever allowed to go to Panera or I whine like a child. Fuck that place. Fuck it in its horrible customer service ass.

edit: I know tl;dr. It was an angry stream of consciousness. btw, this was about 4 years ago, and I'll NEVER go back.

Last edited:
I don't really have stories about bad customer service, I do have stories about excellent customer service though.

I've been ordering stuff as gifts for our bridal party (I can't say what it is because djfacemachine posts here and it's supposed to be a surprise) and everything was going swimmingly until my last 2 orders got kicked back with estimated ship dates of October 10. Now up until this point everything has been taking less than a week to arrive, and October 10 will not do as I need to hand these things out on the 11th. So I shoot an email over to the customer service, trying to be as nice as I can, and explaining the situation.

The next day I get a reply, an apology, an adjusted ship date that will work much better with my plans, AND a $50 gift certificate which I used that day.

I mean I do experience problems with things from time to time, but in handling situations I've always been treated very well and I've gotten not only a satisfactory response but usually lots of good free stuff. I know when most people complain they tend to get a little cranky, and I've found that this is counter productive, if you can complain in a way that doesn't make the other person feel defensive, then you're bound to get much better treatment. I guess it's all about psychology and manipulation of situations. :lol:

Nordstroms has great customer service, you can return anything no matter how old for a full refund.

That's hot.

I don't really have stories about bad customer service, I do have stories about excellent customer service though.

I've been ordering stuff as gifts for our bridal party (I can't say what it is because djfacemachine posts here and it's supposed to be a surprise) and everything was going swimmingly until my last 2 orders got kicked back with estimated ship dates of October 10. Now up until this point everything has been taking less than a week to arrive, and October 10 will not do as I need to hand these things out on the 11th. So I shoot an email over to the customer service, trying to be as nice as I can, and explaining the situation.

The next day I get a reply, an apology, an adjusted ship date that will work much better with my plans, AND a $50 gift certificate which I used that day.

I mean I do experience problems with things from time to time, but in handling situations I've always been treated very well and I've gotten not only a satisfactory response but usually lots of good free stuff. I know when most people complain they tend to get a little cranky, and I've found that this is counter productive, if you can complain in a way that doesn't make the other person feel defensive, then you're bound to get much better treatment. I guess it's all about psychology and manipulation of situations. :lol:

That is exactly how you get through to me at work. I work with a lady that is incredibly grateful for anything I do for her and she always chats me up and treats me very well so when she asks for anything I do it immediately and with extra special care.

My boss on the other hand... I wait until the last minute and do it half assed because there is not any respect or care coming from him.

That is exactly how you get through to me at work. I work with a lady that is incredibly grateful for anything I do for her and she always chats me up and treats me very well so when she asks for anything I do it immediately and with extra special care.

My boss on the other hand... I wait until the last minute and do it half assed because there is not any respect or care coming from him.

One of the most important things I've found when complaining to customer service is to not only realize but to actually tell the person you're talking to, "Listen, I know it's not your fault and I'm sorry if I'm coming across that way, I'm just very frustrated and I apologize for taking it out on you unfairly".

I would seriously hate to work in customer service and hear nothing but complaining everyday.

Whoa this is totally my thread. April has mocked me several times on getting upset in regards to customer service.

I used to work in a building with a small sandwich shop downstairs. This one jackass that worked there would make sexual jokes and when I clearly didn't want to respond he started treating me like an ass. One day I bought a muffin for 1.10. I paid with two one dollar bills. He didn't want to make change so he yelled that I owed him a dime next time i came in. I didn't respond because I April says I shouldn't yell at people that make 5 bucks an hour. He yelled at me again, "did you hear me!" So I came down the next day with a dime and spoke with owner and told him I was never coming back. I paid my dime and never came back.

I also got in a pissing match with St Pete Times. I ordered the Sunday only service. They missed the paper for the first two weeks. Sent me a Monday paper instead. I called to let them know that I had missed my Sunday paper and they said they were sending another one out and to call back in an hour if it still wasn't there. I called back in an hour and they were closed for the day. I called Monday to lodge a complaint and make sure they had me on the right subscription b/c I was receiving a Monday paper. They said that it was a free paper and they apologized and said that i would receive two free weeks at the end of my subscription (which i was on a month to month subscription so i wasn't sure how that would work). So I missed the paper on Sunday AGAIN, I called monday to cancel and this little old lady said that she felt that she did something wrong and that's why I was canceling. I had to ask to cancel four times. My month subscription fee was 3.50. They sent a refund for 2.80. I called and asked why and they said because I received that Monday paper. I relayed my history of unhappiness with the company and they said i would have to return the check to get the remainder of my refund. I also asked about the two free weeks that I was promised and she said "well of course you aren't going to get that if you cancel." It was absurd that I was asked to send in a check with a 41 cent stamp to get the remainder of my 80 cent refund, especially since I paid by credit card. I emailed the president of St Pete Times got the remainder of my refund electronically and got an apology.

I have a ton of these!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the FiOS service.

I dislike their customer service. We had FiOS TV and internet with them and their accounting system decided to separate the two accounts into two bills and not inform me.

So now I was paying the bill every month to the only account I knew of and the other account was incredibly negative while the other was positive. I call for four months to get this fixed. It seems like an easy fix because all they need to do is mash the two accounts together to get a zero balance.

But they can't do that, their systems won't allow it. After four months of calling and lots of promises from them and nothing happening they send my account to collections. (I canceled service, btw. We moved and it was not available in the new neighborhood.)

Which really outrages me because I have been trying to repair my credit.

We are still dealing with this issue five months later.

Whoa this is totally my thread. April has mocked me several times on getting upset in regards to customer service.

I used to work in a building with a small sandwich shop downstairs. This one jackass that worked there would make sexual jokes and when I clearly didn't want to respond he started treating me like an ass. One day I bought a muffin for 1.10. I paid with two one dollar bills. He didn't want to make change so he yelled that I owed him a dime next time i came in. I didn't respond because I April says I shouldn't yell at people that make 5 bucks an hour. He yelled at me again, "did you hear me!" So I came down the next day with a dime and spoke with owner and told him I was never coming back. I paid my dime and never came back.

I also got in a pissing match with St Pete Times. I ordered the Sunday only service. They missed the paper for the first two weeks. Sent me a Monday paper instead. I called to let them know that I had missed my Sunday paper and they said they were sending another one out and to call back in an hour if it still wasn't there. I called back in an hour and they were closed for the day. I called Monday to lodge a complaint and make sure they had me on the right subscription b/c I was receiving a Monday paper. They said that it was a free paper and they apologized and said that i would receive two free weeks at the end of my subscription (which i was on a month to month subscription so i wasn't sure how that would work). So I missed the paper on Sunday AGAIN, I called monday to cancel and this little old lady said that she felt that she did something wrong and that's why I was canceling. I had to ask to cancel four times. My month subscription fee was 3.50. They sent a refund for 2.80. I called and asked why and they said because I received that Monday paper. I relayed my history of unhappiness with the company and they said i would have to return the check to get the remainder of my refund. I also asked about the two free weeks that I was promised and she said "well of course you aren't going to get that if you cancel." It was absurd that I was asked to send in a check with a 41 cent stamp to get the remainder of my 80 cent refund, especially since I paid by credit card. I emailed the president of St Pete Times got the remainder of my refund electronically and got an apology.

I have a ton of these!

All I say is that the world is run by $5.00 clerks.

P.S. the plastic machine does not work at McDonalds, read the muthafudgin sign.

I also will not use AT&T again. I had their cell phone service for six months. I had constant problems with service and billing. I counted twenty times I had to call in one month. I was planning to cancel shortly so I was keeping track. One Friday I got a message that to start their new texting program they were offering unlimited text messages for the weekend. So I text like a mad woman. On Monday morning, they sent another text saying that the message was sent to me in error and all charges will apply. That was fucking it. I called and said i would not be paying for the text messages. I had the original message that said it was a free weekend. I was sick of calling them and I wanted to cancel. I said that due to the amount of time that i spend on the phone with customer support on a monthly basis I should not have to pay a cancellation fee. They of course disagreed. I said but your service sucks and I shit you not this is what the lady says, "That's why you have fourteen days to figure that out at the beginning of the contract."