Poor Clevelanders

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
damn DB.. i'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

I'm reading USA today this morning and there's ANOTHER piece about how bad cleveland sports are. The cover story from SI on may 25 is about how bad cleveland sports are.

and then this USA today piece today..

excerpts from the article by ohio native Christine Brennan:

"Poor Cleveland. It's happening again. To go wiht the Drive, The Fumble, The Shot and so man other unsettling moments... are we about to add The Collapse?"

"Football, basketball, baseball--you name the sport, the same thing always happens in cleveland. Simply put, when it counts the locals never win."

"The Browns last won a pro football title in 1964, and the Indians last won the world series in 1948."

she calls the cavaliers 'the cadavers'. :lol:

the browns are one of five nfl teams that have never made it to the super bowl.

".. then Clevelanditis hit..." :lol:

and the entire article in SI is about your woes..

polo, give DB an e-hug.

if i get supremely bored later i will quote the SI article... not an uplifting story to be sure. and i'm sure it's worse now cause last week the Cadavers weren't down 3-1

LeBroom!

In Cleveland's defense (I can't believe I am doing this) the reason Cleveland still has as many professional sports teams in this dwindling city is because of the fierce loyalty of its fans. The issue lately is that the fans have no money to pay the rising ticket costs so attendance is down across the board. There are so many people leaving to farther reaches of the country, they are picking up new local sports instead of watching Cleveland on TV, reducing support.

Given the state Cleveland is in, I don't see their sports teams lasting much longer. If they don't start doing better to brim up support, the few dawg fans left will just run out of dog biscuits to eat.

winning cures all bro. :heart: so THAT is what they need to do.

people complained for years about the location of the Rays' stadium. that that was the reason for poor attendance. no, it was triple digit losses every year.

they made that run last year and won the AL and it was PACKED over there every night. my man Ferg made a TON of money at his sports bar.

Buffalo:

4 consecutive super bowl losses
Ripped off by a goal that should have been disallowed in the Stanley Cup Finals

I have some great memories from skipping skool and going to Indians games at the new stadium.

dave, you'll appreciate this: i caught a bus at E. 113 and St. Clair(glenville) with a Puerto Rican and middle eastern to get to games until the spic purchased a car. we ate lunch right across from GLB next to West Side Market after every game.

Oh and before the racist comments ensue the races were included so dbzeag knew the circumstances. :p

Not saying it isn't going to happen, but you might want to actually wait until they're out before making statements like this.

Miracles can and have happened. (yes the Cavs need a miracle to make it to the Finals now)

Cavs in 5 still, right coqui? :fly:

that being said, even Minnesota has won 2 titles. And Denver has 4. Fuck, even TAMPA has 2.

Cleveland is like the baby diaper of sports. It doesn't have to do anything to get shit all over.

didn't the indians win the world series in that movie with Charlie Sheen? That's gotta count for something.