Poop and anger

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
Many of you may not know this, but I adopted 2 dogs upon moving in with Amy/Candy.

Cola is quiet, polite, and anxious like a 14 year old girl speaking to the guy she has a crush on. He is no problem with the exception of his love for the couch.

Bandit (aka B) is pushy and selfish and a little nuts in a creepy 'drink man' sort of way, but very loving all the same. B does whatever the fuck B wants whenever the fuck B wants. I got home from class today at 12:30pm - mind you he went potty at 9am - to find the sliding closet doors in the hall knocked off the tracks and piss and shit in 4 pairs of shoes and all over the closet floor and on the bedroom carpet. I didn't see the turd on the carpet until after I stepped in it in my new shoes so I tracked it around a bit before noticing, thus leaving me with even more to clean up. He has, in the past, pushed the doors off the tracks and shit and pissed in that closet once prior as well. He also chews things up - ie: my records, Amy's shoes, anything in a garbage can, mine and Amy's school books, etc.

This mess making forced us to drop $200 on a cage for him. Well, now he can beat the hell out of the cage and break it apart. He has chewed up the thick plastic mat that lines the bottom so it's now mobile if he puts his little paws between the bars. He can also pull things through the cage, as he can shimmy the cage around and move it wherever he wants. He recently lodged the cage in a doorway and got himself stuck. I tried to lock him in a room and he chewed and scratched to the point where I had to paint the door and replace the molding.

This dog is not a puppy - he is 11 years old. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any thoughts on where to put him when we leave? I'm really at my wit's end here and I'm torn between killing him and leaving the front door open.

You should definitely crate him when you leave, but don't do it like a punishment thing. He's probably insecure when he's alone, often times crating helps the animal feel more secure. You'll have to crate train him though, you can't just throw him in there and leave him.

zengirl said:
You should definitely crate him when you leave, but don't do it like a punishment thing. He's probably insecure when he's alone, often times crating helps the animal feel more secure. You'll have to crate train him though, you can't just throw him in there and leave him.

The frickin dog is on Xanex for gods sake. NOTHING stops his strange acting out.

edit: he is crate trained and used to be very good with it.

Bubbles said:
The frickin dog is on Xanex for gods sake. NOTHING stops his strange acting out.

edit: he is crate trained and used to be very good with it.
Well then he should be crated when he's alone. It seriously helps a dog feel safer and more secure when the humans are gone... just make sure the crate is in a comfortable spot in the house.

zengirl said:
Well then he should be crated when he's alone. It seriously helps a dog feel safer and more secure when the humans are gone... just make sure the crate is in a comfortable spot in the house.

Is that what you do with flynavy?

shawndavid said:
He has chewed up the thick plastic mat that lines the bottom so it's now mobile if he puts his little paws between the bars.

I'm sorry man, but that imagery is totally hilarious.

zengirl said:

He was being crated when alone and he destroyed the crate. Then he got his Xanex and he was fine so they could leave him once in a while. Now the drugs appear to be having no effect. They ahve tried everything and are at their wits end.

Bubbles said:
He was being crated when alone and he destroyed the crate. Then he got his Xanex and he was fine so they could leave him once in a while. Now the drugs appear to be having no effect. They ahve tried everything and are at their wits end.
:( Puppy doesn't want to be left alone!

zengirl said:

He was crate trained as a puppy, and after 5 - 6 years he was fine. Now, all of a sudden, at 11, he has developed seperation anxiety and is literally on enough xanex to knock a 200 lb man on his ass (well, maybe in conjunction with a few beers) and it doesnt phase him. I jokingly called him "bubble B' (like Bubble Boy) because as Shawn said above he was able to get the bottom out of his cage and move it around.

Yes, he has been to the Vet. Yes, the xanny's are prescribed for him. No one will take him... and it is a gamble everyday when we leave to see if he is going to be good or not. He must not have had his xanex today. :(

Jesus, now people start medicating their pets, too? What the fuck.

Send him to obedience class. Separation anxiety isn't what makes dogs tear things apart or crap everywhere. My buddy's dog had separation anxiety but he had also been trained to have self control. Plus, big dogs in the house alone all day isn't supposed to work well. Dogs are outdoor animals by nature. They have instincts. Don't you have a yard you can put them in?

Candy said:
He was crate trained as a puppy, and after 5 - 6 years he was fine. Now, all of a sudden, at 11, he has developed seperation anxiety and is literally on enough xanex to knock a 200 lb man on his ass (well, maybe in conjunction with a few beers) and it doesnt phase him. I jokingly called him "bubble B' (like Bubble Boy) because as Shawn said above he was able to get the bottom out of his cage and move it around.

Yes, he has been to the Vet. Yes, the xanny's are prescribed for him. No one will take him... and it is a gamble everyday when we leave to see if he is going to be good or not. He must not have had his xanex today. :(
At 11 years old, your doggy is probably suffering from the doggy equvalent of alzheimers or dimensia. :( Especially if he's a larger breed, it's just a matter of him being old.

Candy said:

Did you try that link I posted last time about leaving him in the cage first for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, etc?