Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

like, the Louisiana bill would criminalize IUDs and could criminalize other forms of contraception, and several Republican senators recently have started talking about setting their sights on Griswold v Connecticut next. this is If You Give A Mouse A Cookie shit.

like, the Louisiana bill would criminalize IUDs and could criminalize other forms of contraception, and several Republican senators recently have started talking about setting their sights on Griswold v Connecticut next. this is If You Give A Mouse A Cookie shit.
I have a social worker friend who posted this on the Facebooks the other day. I think she's spot on. OK, you're overturning this and that.... then what? What is your plan to take care of all of these children that could potentially flood the system?

So let's advance the conversation.....

We like to end the conversation at the politically minded black and white place. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice

What's the rest of the plan? After election season...

Currently - its reported that there are approximately 400,000 kids in the foster care system here. They range in age from birth to 18 years old. Many have remained in the foster care system for a majority of their life as a minor child.

Federal funds (The Social Security Act provides through the states) fund the US foster care system.

According to the Child Welfare Information Gateway an independent adoption can cost anywhere between $15,000.00 to $70,000.00 - averages and common cost @ $40,000.00. Adoption through a non-profit agency is anywhere from $10,000.00 to $30,000.00.

Approximately 600,000 medically performed abortions were reported in 2019 - (this has decreased in the last several years but specific numbers for 2021 were not readily available to me through my quick research.)

I hate math - so I'll let you do it for yourself. But - I'd like to hear the plan on caring for all these babies. Who's going to take care of all the babies financially? Physically? What's the Pro-Life plan for quality of life for the babies (some with severe physical care needs) throughout their lives? After their heroic rescue. Or have we not thought that far beyond - and are just taking a stand for what we "believe" without thoughtful planful process around what being pro-life in regard to the quality of life for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e actually looks like.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
I have a social worker friend who posted this on the Facebooks the other day. I think she's spot on. OK, you're overturning this and that.... then what? What is your plan to take care of all of these children that could potentially flood the system?

We like to end the conversation at the politically minded black and white place. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice

Currently - its reported that there are approximately 400,000 kids in the foster care system here. They range in age from birth to 18 years old. Many have remained in the foster care system for a majority of their life as a minor child.

Federal funds (The Social Security Act provides through the states) fund the US foster care system.

According to the Child Welfare Information Gateway an independent adoption can cost anywhere between $15,000.00 to $70,000.00 - averages and common cost @ $40,000.00. Adoption through a non-profit agency is anywhere from $10,000.00 to $30,000.00.

Approximately 600,000 medically performed abortions were reported in 2019 - (this has decreased in the last several years but specific numbers for 2021 were not readily available to me through my quick research.)

I hate math - so I'll let you do it for yourself. But - I'd like to hear the plan on caring for all these babies. Who's going to take care of all the babies financially? Physically? What's the Pro-Life plan for quality of life for the babies (some with severe physical care needs) throughout their lives? After their heroic rescue. Or have we not thought that far beyond - and are just taking a stand for what we "believe" without thoughtful planful process around what being pro-life in regard to the quality of life for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e actually looks like.
I mean do I have the be the one to say it? There's a reason crime decreased in the 90s. There's been entire economic studies on it.

noone gives a fuck once theyre born. Theyll remain poor, and uneducated, and thats the ideal american for a certain subset of politicians.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

they don't want to fund care for the children (or adults) that already need it & gleefully slash funding wherever possible; it's a mistake to think that it's just an oversight not to have considered the draw on The System an influx of forced births would bring.

your friend is right that these things are important to consider, but the people making the decisions and passing the bills HAVE considered it, they just have no intention of doing anything to help so it doesn't matter.

we don't have guaranteed paid or unpaid parental leave, we don't have guaranteed healthcare for parents or children, the cost of childcare is INSANE and wages are stagnant which means it's often cheaper for one parent to stay home (often, but not always, mom). having a kid means putting your life on hold. it means dropping out or "taking a break from" school.

individuals may be pro-life, but the goal of pro-life legislation is about creating or maintaining an uneducated underclass to keep the GOP bloc strong. it's uterine gerrymandering.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
K

Like I said: USAmericans are propagandized morons and you're a know-nothing babyman trying to rationalize why you couldn't get past your feelings and vote against fascism. You'll keep voting for Republicans too, because AOC said schoolchildren shouldn't have to pay for lunches or something equally "extremist".

Like I said: USAmericans are propagandized morons and you're a know-nothing manbaby trying to rationalize why you couldn't get past your feelings and vote against fascism. You'll keep voting for Republicans too, because AOC said schoolchildren shouldn't have to pay for lunches or something equally "extremist".
I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and I voted for Biden in 2020. I'm the man baby? 😅 One of us is always whining, crying, pissing, bitching, and moaning like a man child who has mommy issues and it's not me.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and I voted for Biden in 2020. I'm the man baby? 😅 One of us is always whining, crying, pissing, bitching, and moaning like a man child who has mommy issues and it's not me.
You didn't vote against fascism, you threw your vote away because your precious little fee-fees wouldn't let you vote for a woman. Any vote for any Republican at any level going forward is a vote for fascism. Sometimes things are that simple.

This is flat out rage at the unending stupidity of it all: better things are necessary and possible. I'm a cis-het white guy in a union so I'm alright. I'm just not dumb enough to think that the leopards won't eat my face too if given a chance

You didn't vote against fascism, you threw your vote away because your precious little fee-fees wouldn't let you vote for a woman. Any vote for any Republican at any level going forward is a vote for fascism. Sometimes things are that simple.

This is flat out rage at the unending stupidity of it all: better things are necessary and possible. I'm a cis-het white guy in a union so I'm alright. I'm just not dumb enough to think that the leopards won't eat my face too if given a chance
I don't lose a second of sleep over my 3rd party 2016 vote. You gonna throw your little temper tantrum for @Domon too since he voted 3rd party that year as well? 😅

I don't lose a second of sleep over my 3rd party 2016 vote. You gonna throw your little temper tantrum for @Domon too since he voted 3rd party that year as well? 😅
That was a terrible error in judgement and I bet @Domon can recognize it as such.

The issue with you I was getting at is your political takes are largely the same as your sportsball takes. "Who's up? Who's down? How will that move play out, Cotton?"

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Im a government employee and I would get absolutely raked over the coals for the poor email practices that the Clinton campaign showed, so i took it personal and said im not gonna vote for someone that so blatently abuses the system.

Turns out that whole "buttery males" thing was run by the russians.

Oh, and on top of that, they likely were bolstering Stein in some way. I dont think she complicit, but she was a useful tool.

Im a government employee and I would get absolutely raked over the coals for the poor email practices that the Clinton campaign showed, so i took it personal and said im not gonna vote for someone that so blatently abuses the system.

Turns out that whole "buttery males" thing was run by the russians.

Oh, and on top of that, they likely were bolstering Stein in some way. I dont think she complicit, but she was a useful tool.
After witnessing the way Russia is running this war against Ukraine I think they get way too much credit for the 2016 election.