Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Im gonna come live in your tool shed

sassy trailer park boys GIF

that’s what my family calls my big latina ass!

you are more than welcome bebe

Hating on America is a popular worldwide sport these days for whatever reason.
I know we have problems but so does the rest of the world. We should focus on fixing not criticizing.
And NO! I don't have the answers to fixing the world's problems. If I did, I'd have a bigger house in a nicer neighborhood and wouldn't give a fuck like the rest of the rich folks.

I think part of the reason is that lots of Americans refuse to agree that we have problems, or downplay the ones we have. we are still trying to coast by on the reputation we "earned" with WWII but we haven't done any of the work to deserve it (nor did we deserve half the credit we gave ourselves then).

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
I think part of the reason is that lots of Americans refuse to agree that we have problems, or downplay the ones we have. we are still trying to coast by on the reputation we "earned" with WWII but we haven't done any of the work to deserve it (nor did we deserve half the credit we gave ourselves then).
100% This

I think most of them think we have problems they just don't agree on what the problems are and what some consider problems others consider qualities and vice versa.
You still end up with shit soup though.

I think most of them think we have problems they just don't agree on what the problems are and what some consider problems others consider qualities and vice versa.
You still end up with shit soup though.
I see what you're saying, but I feel like it's slightly different in that some of them don't think the cause of those problems count as America/Americans

like, they think there are problems IN America, but not WITH America, because the problems is those damn un-American (commies/immigrants/gays/etc)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I see what you're saying, but I feel like it's slightly different in that some of them don't think the cause of those problems count as America/Americans

like, they think there are problems IN America, but not WITH America, because the problems is those damn un-American (commies/immigrants/gays/etc)
Ah, that's a valid view of it.
There's folk outside of cities that get their impression of things from TV and internet/media that already supports their bias that think cities are all like the worst neighborhood on its worst day all the time and venturing into one means means you are in immediate danger of black people setting your car on fire and gays trying to turn your children.

There's folk outside of cities that get their impression of things from TV and internet/media that already supports their bias that think cities are all like the worst neighborhood on its worst day all the time and venturing into one means means you are in immediate danger of black people setting your car on fire and gays trying to turn your children.
it's all part of our Agenda™

• Gravy
Im not sure if youve been to Baltimore... ;)

But seriously it is dangerous. It's just dangerous in a different way than people think. Im from the sticks, we watch out for deer or dont drink the water cause beaver fever. City is similar, it's just, don't make eye contact with junkies etc.

• Gravy
Im not sure if youve been to Baltimore... ;)

But seriously it is dangerous. It's just dangerous in a different way than people think. Im from the sticks, we watch out for deer or dont drink the water cause beaver fever. City is similar, it's just, don't make eye contact with junkies etc.
Yeah, but you learn that shit real quick and then it's fine. Homeless here are wayyyyy less aggressive than the ones in San Fran

I mean.... the reputation Americans think they earned from WW2? Cos Europeans sure dont credit you with anything and the Japanese arent so celebratory about whatever you did in that time...

We went full military industrial complex after WWII. We should never have accepted rhe World Police moniker.
Also, we inherited a slave ownership system from various European powers (most notably England and Portugal) which fhe founding fathers lacked the balls to tackle in 1776. The Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil Rights acts were bandaids. This country will probably bleed forever thanks to some assholes an ocean away.

Last edited: