Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Relevant:

8fyi4bfz89n71.png
There's a reason why I don't live in Wisconsin with the rest of my mother's family.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Today in "a fool and his/her money": found out my aunt has taken the inheritance left to her by my grandmother and is building a compound with walls, security cameras, and generators up in Northern Wisconsin for what she views as the inevitable fall of the United States because of Joe Biden's "illegitimate installation" as president.

Also found out that my cousin (her son) and his wife are going to be fired because they're refusing vaccinations.

Oh, and my mother expects me to have sympathy because "mandates are unAmerican".

I'm just another in a long line of dipshits, it seems.
I love the idea of an offgrid compound, I just wouldn't put it in Wisconsin.
She obviously hasn't done her prepper/survivalist homework. Missouri, northern Arkansas, and the "great American redoubt" are all better places for self-sustaining agriculture, staying away from democrats, or both.

Also what's her number?

I love the idea of an offgrid compound, I just wouldn't put it in Wisconsin.
She obviously hasn't done her prepper/survivalist homework. Missouri, northern Arkansas, and the "great American redoubt" are all better places for self-sustaining agriculture, staying away from democrats, or both.

Also what's her number?
867-5309

Her "agriculture" is a shitload (pun firmly intended) of those 5 gallon buckets full of rations they sell during day-time Fox News.

867-5309

Her "agriculture" is a shitload (pun firmly intended) of those 5 gallon buckets full of rations they sell during day-time Fox News.

As an "exercise in freedom" she should shut off all the utilities to the house and live on nothing other than what's in those buckets for say, one month.
She might come around yet. Staying alive, and thriving, or even enjoying an occasional bit of comfort ain't the same thing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
As an "exercise in freedom" she should shut off all the utilities to the house and live on nothing other than what's in those buckets for say, one month.
She might come around yet. Staying alive, and thriving, or even enjoying an occasional bit of comfort ain't the same thing.
Which is exactly why I live exactly where any nuclear exchange is a guarantee of death.

Oh, and my mother expects me to have sympathy because "mandates are unAmerican".

I was thinking the other day about how easily things start to regress once the worst of the things fall out of living memory. it's not all a 1:1 comparison here, but things like Holocaust denial, anti-vaxxers, anti-Union/worker's rights and anti-OSHA/workplace safety regulation sentiments are definitely made worse when the people who saw the rules and regulations be forged in the blood of the people who lived before those rules have dwindled or died off.

someone mentioned the triangle shirtwaist factory fire, maybe here? and that was part of what kicked off that thought spiral, but then I got distracted by other stuff and forgot to say it lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
We have multiple launch capabilities with multiple missiles carrying multiple warheads from multiple platforms. Can't stop them all.
Seems to me the better strategy would be to at least first target anyway political centers, satellites, and key nodes of petrochem, communications, and financial rather than the missile sites themselves. In other words everything we need to function above an early 19th century level.

Hitting a missile site after the missiles launched isn't a primary target.

I remember reading a thing about what it would take to bring down the United States and one thing that was a top priority in all the scenarios was destroying Houston (and general area) as there is so much petrochem centered there and we can't function without it.

Of course the other effective scenario was to bring it down from within, politically and culturally rather than militarily. Takes patience though. Like generational level patience.

We have multiple launch capabilities with multiple missiles carrying multiple warheads from multiple platforms. Can't stop them all.
Seems to me the better strategy would be to at least first target anyway political centers, satellites, and key nodes of petrochem, communications, and financial rather than the missile sites themselves. In other words everything we need to function above an early 19th century level.

Hitting a missile site after the missiles launched isn't a primary target.

I remember reading a thing about what it would take to bring down the United States and one thing that was a top priority in all the scenarios was destroying Houston (and general area) as there is so much petrochem centered there and we can't function without it.

Of course the other effective scenario was to bring it down from within, politically and culturally rather than militarily. Takes patience though. Like generational level patience.
ehhh, russia seems to have done an amazing job at scenario 2 in a scant 8 years.

ehhh, russia seems to have done an amazing job at scenario 2 in a scant 8 years.
I don't have the knowledge to know what's all involved in cyber-war but I do have an imagination and can see how it could screw up just about everything and it does seem to be the preferred method going forward, at least between modern technologically advanced nation states.

not cyber, although thats an element. Psychological warfare. Theyre getting us to tear our own country apart from within, all on our own.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer