Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Getting high on the hare piss?
I figured out what it was. Not bunny pee at all.
Some kind of thorny vine shit that grows by my back fence.
Went back there and chopped and cleared some out to fix a part of the fence and lo and behold next day the scratch marks start swelling up and day after that shit starts getting irritated and itchy and scratching it just spreads it around and now I got a whole forearm that looks like an aids patient again.

Have to go back and identify what specific type of plant but at least I know what to steer clear of (or wear more clothes), and what to encourage growth in certain areas as an FU deterrent.

Turns out it wasn't my bunnies at all as they are perfect and wonderful and the best friends you could ever have.

New law went into effect here Sept. 1st. You can now buy beer at 10am on Sunday. Don't have to wait until noon anymore.
Ooh we're freewheelin' it now.
Damn near liberal.
I think I've bitched about it here before, idk, but in Madison you can't buy alcohol at a store after 9pm explicitly because the Tavern League pushed for it so that people have to go out to the bars if they really want to drink and didn't plan ahead. there's like, ONE store that's allowed to sell after 9, and only beer.

I think I've bitched about it here before, idk, but in Madison you can't buy alcohol at a store after 9pm explicitly because the Tavern League pushed for it so that people have to go out to the bars if they really want to drink and didn't plan ahead. there's like, ONE store that's allowed to sell after 9, and only beer.
I was in Rochester MN about 20 years ago and discovered stores there don't sell single beers. No 40s, no double deuces,nada. You had to buy a minimum of a 6? Allegedly that was to reduce vagrant drunks. idk. I was roadtripping, just wanted a DD before dropping off . . .

New law went into effect here Sept. 1st. You can now buy beer at 10am on Sunday. Don't have to wait until noon anymore.
Ooh we're freewheelin' it now.
Damn near liberal.

Nebraska had weird laws like that when I lived there. It’s so strange that a state cries about regulations so often has so many weird regulations themselves.

One of Nebraska’s was no beer buying until after 6 pm on Sunday. People would be lined up at the checkout with beer and as soon as the clock struck 6, ca-ching!

I think I’ve mentioned going through a drive thru in Columbia, Missouri in 1980 and buying 4 whiskey sours in cups, in a cardboard drink holder like McDonalds uses, with straws sticking out of them. Each straw had paper left on the tip which then classified it as a “sealed container”.

Yet, you couldn’t buy a bottle and take it home, being a dry county or some such nonsense.

The USA is a nation of retards.

In Minnesota growing up you had to go to a liquor store, with liquor store hours like close at 9, to buy real beer. The stuff in the gas stations was 3.2%abv. Couldn't sell it any stronger than that.

I think I’ve mentioned going through a drive thru in Columbia, Missouri in 1980 and buying 4 whiskey sours in cups, in a cardboard drink holder like McDonalds uses, with straws sticking out of them. Each straw had paper left on the tip which then classified it as a “sealed container”.

Yet, you couldn’t buy a bottle and take it home, being a dry county or some such nonsense.

The USA is a nation of retards.
When I moved here at the end of 95 the county to the west of us was still dry.
Of course there was a convenience store, liquor store, and bar about 6 feet this side of the line that did a hell of a business.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Nebraska had weird laws like that when I lived there. It’s so strange that a state cries about regulations so often has so many weird regulations themselves.

One of Nebraska’s was no beer buying until after 6 pm on Sunday. People would be lined up at the checkout with beer and as soon as the clock struck 6, ca-ching!
Here there’s no alcohol sales on Sunday and you can only buy beer in stores. All hard liquor is sold only in state run liquor stores.

The state controls the liquor stores here also. When I first moved here, the signage looked exactly like green and white freeway signs.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Today in "a fool and his/her money": found out my aunt has taken the inheritance left to her by my grandmother and is building a compound with walls, security cameras, and generators up in Northern Wisconsin for what she views as the inevitable fall of the United States because of Joe Biden's "illegitimate installation" as president.

Also found out that my cousin (her son) and his wife are going to be fired because they're refusing vaccinations.

Oh, and my mother expects me to have sympathy because "mandates are unAmerican".

I'm just another in a long line of dipshits, it seems.

Today in "a fool and his/her money": found out my aunt has taken the inheritance left to her by my grandmother and is building a compound with walls, security cameras, and generators up in Northern Wisconsin for what she views as the inevitable fall of the United States because of Joe Biden's "illegitimate installation" as president.

Also found out that my cousin (her son) and his wife are going to be fired because they're refusing vaccinations.

Oh, and my mother expects me to have sympathy because "mandates are unAmerican".

I'm just another in a long line of dipshits, it seems.
Man, I thought my family was a bunch of fuck ups.

Relevant:

8fyi4bfz89n71.png