Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Where do you light a fire in an apartment building with no fireplace?
Unless you have something converted to burn fuel in you dont. In the squat we used to have huge old gas tanks converted with the top off and a hatch, funnelled the smoke out one of the broken windows and tin foiled and gaffa taped to secure bits. Only bothered with the effort of making a fire if we needed hot water really. Id recommend having an outside fire for a bit of fun and cooking as a temporary thing.

Inside....You put on a sweater and get under a duvet. :iono:

Unless you have something converted to burn fuel in you dont. In the squat we used to have huge old gas tanks converted with the top off and a hatch, funnelled the smoke out one of the broken windows and tin foiled and gaffa taped to secure bits. Only bothered with the effort of making a fire if we needed hot water really. Id recommend having an outside fire for a bit of fun and cooking as a temporary thing.

Inside....You put on a sweater and get under a duvet. :iono:

Sounds unreasonable in an apartment complex full of people. Surely one of them is stupid enough to burn the place down. I trust my own survival skills, not my neighbor's.

What kind of people are being raised who dont know about fire? Jesus wept. Some of my earliest memories are of @DJBrenton teaching me how to light them and be somewhat safe around fire.
I agree it's sad and I personally can't imagine life without my "life of things I burned or exploded". But many people have very limited experience in such things.
Regarding your childhood memories - burning most fuels is nothing like burning wood to stay warm. With wood you see the smoke, you make a way for the smoke to escape up high. Carbon monoxide goes bye-bye. With a propane heater or kerosene heater there is no smoke, so you don't think to allow for fresh air to come in, carbon monoxid to leave. Why would you, you want to waste the heat? There's nothing Darwinian about it. Like a toddler getting electrocuted, no improvement to the gene pool.

I agree it's sad and I personally can't imagine life without my "life of things I burned or exploded". But many people have very limited experience in such things.
Regarding your childhood memories - burning most fuels is nothing like burning wood to stay warm. With wood you see the smoke, you make a way for the smoke to escape up high. Carbon monoxide goes bye-bye. With a propane heater or kerosene heater there is no smoke, so you don't think to allow for fresh air to come in, carbon monoxid to leave. Why would you, you want to waste the heat? There's nothing Darwinian about it. Like a toddler getting electrocuted, no improvement to the gene pool.
Dont fuck around with gases is what I take from this.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
What kind of people are being raised who dont know about fire? Jesus wept. Some of my earliest memories are of @DJBrenton teaching me how to light them and be somewhat safe around fire.
Safe? I remember rushing to put the flames out when you set fire to your jeans performing fire poi at Lincoln University. To your credit, you didnt stop flinging the poi around. You did have an audience after all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

i would have guessed embarassment

giphy.gif

No electricity, no cell signals, no Internet. I agree with @Mr. Argumentor - they don't know where the carbon monoxide is going unless someone has told them (it goes up, crack a window above the level of the device). Unlike carbon dioxide, which many would assume goes up after seeing it fly through their drink. Nah, that shit settles to the floor.
Nothing Darwinian about a one-time situation like that.

well at least your mass shootings have stopped (for now)

look, i found a silver lining ! go me!

The real silver lining here is that all the money that got carved away and hoarded in the process of making this shit show is fine!

Y'inz missing the parasites trees for the forest.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie