Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

I think the US should just let Texas go. That way, we wouldn't have to hear their bulshit anymore. If we replace it with Puerto Rico, we wouldn't even have to change the flag. Bonus points for not having Cruz in the federal government.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I bet if we put a racial spin on it, we could get enough donations to upgrade our power grid.
"Brownouts let Browns in!!! VOTE YES on power grid upgrades and secure our borders now!!" The future is brighter and whiter with you!!!

• Gravy
I honestly still dont get it. Sit indoors, read a book, make a fire outside if you have to, and wait for Biden to have to step in.
People can't afford to keep cheap bottled water and a few days worth of cheap generic canned goods on hand incase of emergency but you expect them to buy a book?!?!?!

/UF

People can't afford to keep cheap bottled water and a few days worth of cheap generic canned goods on hand incase of emergency but you expect them to buy a book?!?!?!

/UF
Certainly were a lotta books in my squats even if people were eating dumpster food. Books are easy to come by, but maybe not in Texas.

Eh, kinda shitty to think that IMO.
Not their fault they don't know how to generate heat when they have never needed to
Darwin awards it is then dude. Honestly does flabbergast me how disconnected people are from having to do basic things and struggle sometimes. Its not sustainable as an animal race but maybe thats a good thing.

i would have guessed embarassment
jaime pressly oh snap GIF

Darwin awards it is then dude. Honestly does flabbergast me how disconnected people are from having to do basic things and struggle sometimes. Its not sustainable as an animal race but maybe thats a good thing.
No electricity, no cell signals, no Internet. I agree with @Mr. Argumentor - they don't know where the carbon monoxide is going unless someone has told them (it goes up, crack a window above the level of the device). Unlike carbon dioxide, which many would assume goes up after seeing it fly through their drink. Nah, that shit settles to the floor.
Nothing Darwinian about a one-time situation like that.

Honestly it hasnt really hit our news in the UK. We've got our own shitshows to moan about I guess.

What are people dying from exactly?
exposure, also doing stupid shit trying to stay warm.

Every time people in the UK get a heat wave, people die, and all the Texans run forward to say shit about "y'all can't take the heat? LOLOL TEXAS TOUGH LOLOL", which is why my sympathy in this case is pretty fucking limited.

• Gravy
exposure, also doing stupid shit trying to stay warm.

Every time people in the UK get a heat wave, people die, and all the Texans run forward to say shit about "y'all can't take the heat? LOLOL TEXAS TOUGH LOLOL", which is why my sympathy in this case is pretty fucking limited.
People die here when its hot? News to me I guess. Old people certainly die here in winter due to the cold + poverty + social isolation = freezing to death. Gets a wee bit colder than texas though Im imagining.

The irony of texan bravado etc is not lost on me though.

No electricity, no cell signals, no Internet. I agree with @Mr. Argumentor - they don't know where the carbon monoxide is going unless someone has told them (it goes up, crack a window above the level of the device). Unlike carbon dioxide, which many would assume goes up after seeing it fly through their drink. Nah, that shit settles to the floor.
Nothing Darwinian about a one-time situation like that.
What kind of people are being raised who dont know about fire? Jesus wept. Some of my earliest memories are of @DJBrenton teaching me how to light them and be somewhat safe around fire.