Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

You can't if you initiated the confrontation/violent action/whatever.
It's why they'll be looking at the behavior of both the car and the rifle guy. Measuring video frames to determine acceleration, reaction time, etc. One of those deals that can come down to little seconds long snippets in time as to who a reasonable person would perceive as a grave threat and when, why, etc.
Driver may well be at fault. Or not. Or a toss up somewhere in between for lawyers to argue over.
Some camera or combination of cameras somewhere down there will have caught it.
APD is trying to justify their murder of Mike Ramos because they're arguing him driving a vehicle (AWAY from officers) was him wielding a deadly weapon. this guy drove a car directly INTO protesters; if a car driving away is a deadly weapon, a car driving into a crowd would be doubly so. even if they're not absolved in the Ramos case, they've shown that they believe/agree that a vehicle is a deadly weapon.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
APD is trying to justify their murder of Mike Ramos because they're arguing him driving a vehicle (AWAY from officers) was him wielding a deadly weapon. this guy drove a car directly INTO protesters; if a car driving away is a deadly weapon, a car driving into a crowd would be doubly so. even if they're not absolved in the Ramos case, they've shown that they believe/agree that a vehicle is a deadly weapon.

It absolutely can be depending on how you're driving it. And yes if we're to apply APD's own standard then it most certainly was. Pretty sure with the Ramos deal it was the locals trying to cover their asses with something half-baked like he was gonna be a threat to someone else somewhere else or something. I mean they already shot him in the back while driving away, they kinda had to dream up something right?
If accelerating away from people is a deadly threat then we're all making deadly threats every day.
It makes no sense.

even if the decedent did raise his weapon, it could be argued that the driver attacked with a deadly weapon first (the vehicle) and the decedent was the one who was raising a weapon in self defense. I believe you don't get to claim self defense when you are the one who initiated the deadly force in the first place.
You can actually.

I'll try to find the case but in the 60s in NY there was a guy comitting an armed robbery on the subway (mugging). He got shot. Guy who shot him threatened him first. So he was self defense because mugging people is high risk if they might be armed. Guy getting mugged should've exhausted all possible options of retreat instead of retailiating.

Per the court not comment sense.

You can actually.

I'll try to find the case but in the 60s in NY there was a guy comitting an armed robbery on the subway (mugging). He got shot. Guy who shot him threatened him first. So he was self defense because mugging people is high risk if they might be armed. Guy getting mugged should've exhausted all possible options of retreat instead of retailiating.

Per the court not comment sense.

well duty to retreat varies by jurisdiction but TX is a Stand Your Ground state, New York is not

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Didn't she admit it was consensual? I remember the whole thing being weird.

Yeah and then the St Louis city prosecutor who was doing the case got charged with witness tampering and bribing...

So, in whats likely a full-retard move, ive decided to vote in person this Nov, ill PPE the fuck up, but I am not gonna risk my vote not being counted cause mail in, the consequences are too dire.

1) The fuckups and delays ive seen with USPS personally the past month or so make me not trust that my ballot would get there in a timely manner
2) the "we arent gonna count mail-ins until the end, and only if they would make a difference" thing really bothers me
3) This is gonna be a super contested election, and the media is gonna play a big part, theyre gonna jump on results with things like 5% reporting, and sway the narrative based on early votes

I will do early in person voting if thats an option.

So, in whats likely a full-retard move, ive decided to vote in person this Nov, ill PPE the fuck up, but I am not gonna risk my vote not being counted cause mail in, the consequences are too dire.

1) The fuckups and delays ive seen with USPS personally the past month or so make me not trust that my ballot would get there in a timely manner
2) the "we arent gonna count mail-ins until the end, and only if they would make a difference" thing really bothers me
3) This is gonna be a super contested election, and the media is gonna play a big part, theyre gonna jump on results with things like 5% reporting, and sway the narrative based on early votes

You're right and that sucks.

same

I'll not vote again because I don't have an address and pretend I just won't support a corrupt system.

Also it's a Dem state. You basically don't count.

I thought we lived in a pro EU country til I didnt. Don't ever waste your vote.
I really can't. I can't prove where I live. It's the same with my driving license. I have no bills etc.

Also your da used to always complain about the EU and if I was taking a poll of the average juggler...

Man. It’s too bad all y’all’s postal system is so fucked. We’ve been voting by mail here for 20 years without issue.