Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
e1gkrcgi0kb41.png

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Is it true that increasing the “defense” budget also lowers the unemployment rate? I heard somewhere there is a direct correlation between the two, but I can’t imagine it really affects it enough to change the number all that much.

And I’ve been thinking, which goes against my nature, about the Meghxit. So many people have been glad it’s happening because in this era, we have no need for royalty, etc.

I have to wonder if it’s actually a good thing to hang onto such things. I watch a lot of westerns and people who showed up to the “Wild West” in their fancy duds and fancy habits were generally mocked.

I’m beginning to think that they’re what kept progress from stalling. Civilization would’ve been slower to develop without those types. Look how fast some people return to base survival instincts during blackouts, and how people who never would steal anything suddenly get caught up and partake in looting during riots and other upheaval.

It’s like a balancing act. Now we have a president who mocks acting “presidential” and was elected because “he’s like us” or is a “game changer”, and all I can wonder is what would happen if we had several terms of a dipshit in office.

We owe civilization to those weirdos that wore ties and dresses for their evening meals.

And for as far as the economy goes, is it really doing that much better or is it moving at about the same clip as when the previous president was in? Tax cuts, yes, are different, but I can’t think of any of his policies beyond that that can factor into why the economy is doing well (supposedly).

Wouldn’t the same tax cuts and stuff had happened with any republican in the big chair, but without all the bullshit?

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
Status
Not open for further replies.