Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Oil is a fully liquid global commodity, capitalists aren't gonna give us a sweetheart deal just because they got it here. The price is the price.

Yep, but we’ll be feeling it in other ways if oil goes up all over except here.

Gas here (Oregon) has been north of $3 a gallon for what seems like years, so I’ve never seen the “benefit” of being oil independent (which I don’t believe anyway).

FOX News Radio on Thursday and Friday: Iran lobbed missiles into Iraq, intentionally missing everything. The “missiles hit sand piles”.

FOX News Radio Sunday: Protests continue in Iran after shooting down a passenger jet while attacking American troops in Iraq as they slept.

Which is it? Fuckin assholes

FOX News Radio on Thursday and Friday: Iran lobbed missiles into Iraq, intentionally missing everything. The “missiles hit sand piles”.

FOX News Radio Sunday: Protests continue in Iran after shooting down a passenger jet while attacking American troops in Iraq as they slept.

Which is it? Fuckin assholes

Whatever matches Trumps senile lies.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

-Jean Paul-Sartre

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

-Jean Paul-Sartre
Should be noted that he was exploring hate in general through the lens of anti-Semitism, at the end of WW2.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I'm a clumsy moron that's been in my fair share of hospitals over the years, and I can say, the wait times aren't that bad.

A couple years back I sat in an ER waiting room for 3 hours waiting to get my hand stitched up. It was fine. Chatted with some random people, walked out paying fuck all.

SOOOO INEFFICIENT.

I'm a clumsy moron that's been in my fair share of hospitals over the years, and I can say, the wait times aren't that bad.

A couple years back I sat in an ER waiting room for 3 hours waiting to get my hand stitched up. It was fine. Chatted with some random people, walked out paying fuck all.

SOOOO INEFFICIENT.

3 hours at at ER is pretty normal down here too.

If you're not dying or bleeding to death They know how long they have to get you stitched up.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

SOOOO INEFFICIENT.
There are so many times I'd have gone to the ER to get stitched up if it didn't cost a minimum of $800 each time I walked in the door...

Sure, $100 for advil, $300 for the anesthesiologist to lidocaine whatever it is I've cut off, $200 facility fee, $200 doctor fee, etc.

All conveniently applied to my deductible for the year.
the shadiest of shit is when they have a facility where when they take you down the hall its a "out of office procedure". And the office is just one room, with a secretary who signs you in.