Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Victor Morrow got in from helicopter blades but I could've sworn some actor on Combat! got it from a blank round.

They’re out of ideas, which became obvious when reality TV became so yuge.

Blame the viewers. If we all weren’t so fucking stupid, it would be reflected in what is aired on TV.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
I'm not sure a show that portrayed Nazis as lovable goofballs would go over so well these days.

Exactly. I wondered about that when I watched the original a hundred years ago.

If they want to be real, make it about Gitmo, or at least include Bob Crane’s extracurricular activities in the sub plot(s).

giggity

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Exactly. I wondered about that when I watched the original a hundred years ago.

If they want to be real, make it about Gitmo, or at least include Bob Crane’s extracurricular activities in the sub plot(s).

giggity

Pretty sure there was some controversy back then as pretty much everyone had either been in ww2 themselves or had family who were.

Fun fact:
Klink, Schultz, Burkhalter, Hochstetter, and LeBeau were all Jewish actors.
Had to look up the details but Burkhalter had been arrested and beaten by the SA and had spent time in prison as a refugee in France.
And LeBeau was a survivor of concentration camp Buchenwald.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and nukes
Yup. Something from a previous round was lodged in the barrel, or the blank wasnt prepared correctly or something.

Wikipedia said:
On March 31, 1993, Lee was filming a scene in The Crow where his character is shot and killed by thugs. In the scene, Lee's character walks into his apartment and discovers his fiancée being beaten and raped. Actor Michael Massee's character fires a Smith & Wesson Model 629 .44 Magnum revolver at Lee as he walks into the room.[65] A previous scene using the same gun had called for inert dummy cartridges (with no powder or primer) to be loaded in the revolver for a close-up scene. (For film scenes that utilize a revolver where the bullets are visible from the front and do not require the gun to actually be fired, dummy cartridges provide the realistic appearance of actual rounds.)

Instead of purchasing commercial dummy cartridges, the film's prop crew created their own by pulling the bullets from live rounds, dumping the powder charge and then reinserting the bullets. However, they unknowingly or unintentionally left the live primer in place at the rear of the cartridge. At some point during filming, the revolver was apparently discharged with one of these improperly deactivated cartridges in the chamber, setting off the primer with enough force to drive the bullet partway into the barrel, where it became stuck (a condition known as a squib load). The prop crew either failed to notice this or failed to recognize the significance of this issue.

In the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 feet), the dummy cartridges were exchanged with blank rounds, which feature a live powder charge and primer, but no bullet, thus allowing the gun to be fired without the risk of an actual projectile. However, since the bullet from the dummy round was already trapped in the barrel, this caused the .44 Magnum bullet to be fired out of the barrel with virtually the same force as if the gun had been loaded with a live round, and it struck Lee in the abdomen, mortally wounding him.[66][67] He was rushed to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, North Carolina, where he underwent six hours of surgery. Attempts to save him were unsuccessful, and Lee was pronounced dead on March 31, 1993 at 1:03 pm. EST. He was 28 years old. The shooting was ruled an accident due to negligence.[68]

• Angry
Reactions: Immigrant