Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

I recall there being quite a kerfuffle last census about the American Community Survey. I also recall several more conservative people being up in arms about there being any demographic information outside of the number of people in the household.

I recall viewing the entire thing with a jaundiced eye myself, when selected for the ACS, and not filling the thing out.

So, how do you conservatards square that dowel now? Is it OK to ask about citizenship just because your particular brand of dipshittery is in charge?

I recall there being quite a kerfuffle last census about the American Community Survey. I also recall several more conservative people being up in arms about there being any demographic information outside of the number of people in the household.

I recall viewing the entire thing with a jaundiced eye myself, when selected for the ACS, and not filling the thing out.

So, how do you conservatards square that dowel now? Is it OK to ask about citizenship just because your particular brand of dipshittery is in charge?

It's not so much the question as it is whether you trust the government with the information. I don't.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Purpose of census is to portion out congressional seats. There's some valid reasoning behind a simple Are you? yes/no question if that's where it ends. Nothing more than a simple headcount to portion out population based voting representation among the citizenry. But it won't end there and the people pushing for it don't want it to end there. Lists will be kept. Could result in anything from some indirect meddling/harassment to federales showing up at your door demanding to see papers and an unfortunate number of people in this country would be just fine with that.
Better to just leave it off and deal with whatever bit of lopsided representation may or may not come from it.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The president is about to override a completed supreme court decision with an executive order.... for a topic established in the constitution (census) solely within the responsibilities of the legislative branch.

bnwyfcix2n931.png

trump was right all along about PR

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Sipping my coffee and catching up on the political news from yesterday. If you guys haven't figured it out, I'm not in any way, shape, or form a Nancy Pelosi fan. That being said, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez saying Pelosi is "explicitly singling out newly elected women of color" with criticism as if the color of her skin has anything to do with their recent war of words is fucking absurd. She may be old and senile, but racist? :wtf: :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer