Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more likely that he forgot to handle classified documents, as opposed to intentionally mishandling classified documents
Its most likely that he read the docs, handed them back to the person that actually deals with classified materials, and that person fell down on the job.

"I delegated the handling of that to trusted individuals with their own clearance. It was my understanding that they handled the proper acquisition and disposition of classified materials. You would need to ask them what happened. I was the VP, not the Classified Material Control Officer." - Joe's explanation if he has any sense.

As someone who used to work with TS/SCI classified stuff, it isn't his job to track that shit past a certain point. His job is to use it, hand it back to whatever person is handling it, then move on to the problem the info dictates.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Its most likely that he read the docs, handed them back to the person that actually deals with classified materials, and that person fell down on the job.

"I delegated the handling of that to trusted individuals with their own clearance. It was my understanding that they handled the proper acquisition and disposition of classified materials. You would need to ask them what happened. I was the VP, not the Classified Material Control Officer." - Joe's explanation if he has any sense.

As someone who used to work with TS/SCI classified stuff, it isn't his job to track that shit past a certain point. His job is to use it, hand it back to whatever person is handling it, then move on to the problem the info dictates.
That point for a president is literally when it leaves his hands. A classified custodian hands it to him with an appropriately labeled folder and front sheet, he reads it does what he needs to do with it, if even does that isn't just briefed on it, then the classified custodian takes it back and follows proper procedures. Of course the president could ask to retain the information, he has that right, but it's not the standard practice

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
That point for a president is literally when it leaves his hands. A classified custodian hands it to him with an appropriately labeled folder and front sheet, he reads it does what he needs to do with it, if even does that isn't just briefed on it, then the classified custodian takes it back and follows proper procedures. Of course the president could ask to retain the information, he has that right, but it's not the standard practice

Anyone with any sense will understand that, but you know the fox newsies and bedpans that watch it are all "WhY iSnt He BeiNg InVesTigATed LiKe TrUMp Was? DaMn LiBrUlsS!"

The same procedure stood for Trump, and if his classified custodian fucked up id support it not coming back on him too. But that clearly wasnt what happened. He hoarded information, retained it when he was supposed to, and had knowledge and directed that retention or did it himself outside of channels

He was VP at the time, but the rest of your comment stands.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Garland had previously asked John R. Lausch, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois and a holdover appointed by former President Donald Trump, to review how classified material ended up in a locked closet in a Washington, D.C. office that had been used Biden after he left office in 2017, a source familiar with the matter told NBC News earlier this week.

Garland said Lausch briefed him on his findings on Jan. 5, and "advised me that further investigation by a special counsel was warranted." Garland said he agreed but did not elaborate further.

Fuck me, this was the wrong response.

Asked why he'd had classified documents next to his Corvette in his garage, Biden said, "My Corvette’s in a locked garage. It’s not like they’re sitting out on a street."

@Mr. Argumentor is better at handling sensitive info than two presidents of the united states.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Status
Not open for further replies.