Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

You should learn how the internet works. Specifically, you should learn how internet searches work when quotations are involved.

When a search term is looked for, the search engine turns up every instance of that term. This means that when Adam says something stupid and Bob, Chris, and Dave quote Adam to explain exactly why Adam is an idiot, the thing Adam said shows up four times. One time for when it was actually said, and three times for when it was quoted.

1 + 3 = 4.

That's how three instances look like a page and a half of instances of a word, and why you are an idiot.

This has been an ELI5 on search terms and how you can look like an idiot when you dont do any research.

Idiots.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
You should learn how the internet works. Specifically, you should learn how internet searches work when quotations are involved.

When a search term is looked for, the search engine turns up every instance of that term. This means that when Adam says something stupid and Bob, Chris, and Dave quote Adam to explain exactly why Adam is an idiot, the thing Adam said shows up four times. One time for when it was actually said, and three times for when it was quoted.

1 + 3 = 4.

That's how three instances look like a page and a half of instances of a word, and why you are an idiot.

This has been an ELI5 on search terms and how you can look like an idiot when you dont do any research.

Idiots.
furthermore: much like BUTTER EMAILS or BUTTER OBAMA doesn't absolve any current goings on, BUT OTHER PEOPLE SAY SHITTY STUFF doesn't make the meme not-transphobic. that other people have fuck ups doesn't undo or make acceptable your own.

also we have this argument every fucking time I get involved in pointing out that something is transphobic/homophobic/racist/ableist; y'all spend 80% of your time interacting with me bitching me out for being a SJW and 20% of it bitching me out for not being SJW enough if I don't literally respond to everything shitty everyone says.

also while you're counting the number of f-slurs you find, don't forget that a large number can be attributed to this same fucking argument being deployed against me & resulting in me being tagged every time someone used it (which was all the encouragement you guys needed to ramp up using it to really pwn me)

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

1 + 3 = 4.

Idiots.
But in many cases the term never got quoted. Appears from a cursory look at the linked items in the first page of results, less than 1/4 of the references were subsequently quoted. Nice deflection attempt.