Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the word "retarded" is fair to use in certain circumstances.

Aiming it at someone suffering from an mental disability is mean and unfair and you should never do that.

But, some people are fuckin' retarded based on their actions, and deserved to be called as such.

I think the word "retarded" is fair to use in certain circumstances.

Aiming it at someone suffering from an mental disability is mean and unfair and you should never do that.

But, some people are fuckin' retarded based on their actions, and deserved to be called as such.

I use the term "retard" when talking about putting bread dough in the fridge to rise slowly.

nobody argued that it's impossible to joke about trans stuff or that any joke about trans stuff is inherently malicious or unfunny. do I really need to explain the concept of punching up v. punching down, or that people with a shared oppressive experience can make jokes at their own expense that would be inappropriate coming from someone who hadn't shared the experience?

either way, it doesn't negate that the meme shared here initially IS transphobic and unfunny and while you, like a high school English teacher insisting the blue drapes are meaningful may have found a ln alternate humor in it, it doesn't alter the original intent of whoever made the meme.

nobody argued that it's impossible to joke about trans stuff or that any joke about trans stuff is inherently malicious or unfunny. do I really need to explain the concept of punching up v. punching down, or that people with a shared oppressive experience can make jokes at their own expense that would be inappropriate coming from someone who hadn't shared the experience?

either way, it doesn't negate that the meme shared here initially IS transphobic and unfunny and while you, like a high school English teacher insisting the blue drapes are meaningful may have found a ln alternate humor in it, it doesn't alter the original intent of whoever made the meme.
ELI5 - thanks mommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.