Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Wayfair employees plan walkout to oppose furniture sales to migrant detention facilities.

Employees of the online housewares giant Wayfair announced Tuesday that they would stage a walkout at the company’s Back Bay headquarters on Wednesday to protest its decision to sell furniture to the operators of facilities for migrant children detained at the southern US border.

Last Wednesday, they learned that a $200,000 order of bedroom furniture had been placed by BCFS, a government contractor that has been managing camps at the border.

them - the way these people are treated are insane and ghoulish
also them - we refuse to help send them beds to sleep on.

ckdojxxwpk631.jpg

I’m curious about how folks here feel about doctor assisted suicide? (no, I’m not thinking of offing myself)

There has been a rather lively discussion about abortion here recently and it makes me wonder about “death with dignity”.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Thanks for responding.

I went through a weird deal when my mom got her cancer Dx. Her “insurance” plan was through a HMO that also is affiliated with a specific religion, and the religious affiliation placed limits on what doctors could discuss as options with terminal patients, laws and legality aside.

We’ve had the “Death with Dignity” law here for a long time now and recently some changes were made, so it could be easier (good thing IMO).

Some of the laws around it are kind of sketchy, like the state of mind you have to be in when you consent to it. It gets argued that you aren't in the right frame of mind if you are in severe pain, but I would think that's when you would want to consent to it the most. Same for brain cancers and such.

Compassion is most often how I gauge these things. Minimize suffering.

I’m curious about how folks here feel about doctor assisted suicide? (no, I’m not thinking of offing myself)

There has been a rather lively discussion about abortion here recently and it makes me wonder about “death with dignity”.
As long as said person is 18 years or older and of sound mind I have no problem with it.

Dumb brother get's spit on, blames the Democratic Party.

Because only GOP dummies can be pieces of shit.

I don’t get how he could sense he’d been spat upon as he always looks as though he’s covered in drool anyway.

That is one ugly motherfucker.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Of course Drumph mispronounced the supreme leader’s name. Listen how he reads, or barely reads. I used to have to read in front of hundred of people at church when I was a kid. Even the fourth grader who learned how to read via MAD Magazine on the crapper I was back then had better reading skills than this buffoon.

He reads like a depressed moron.

I apologize to everyone with a working brain for the behavior of Oregon’s congresspersons. It’s proof that Oregon is NOT the liberal green zone everyone thinks it is, and is actually a redneck haven with a few liberal areas (like the populated cities and college towns).

It’s like being associated with flat earth motherfuckers.