Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this in a different article:

"In its latest offer, Deere bargained for incremental wage increases over six years, equal to about a $1.20 raise in hourly pay at the end of the six-year contract, according to employees. For the 2020 fiscal year, Deere & Co. net income totaled $2.751 billion, according to the company."

I'd be curious to see the whole contract. I'd also like to know if the union negotiators endorsed the contract and recommended the union members vote yes or this was a case where the company said this is our final offer like it or not, take it to your people. The article I posted made it sound like the company thought they had a deal.

Fuck around and find out is working pretty well lately.

You didnt get laid off from your job, you were fired for refusing to follow the rules of the job. Just the same as if you failed a drug test, or got stealing.

Fuck around and find out is working pretty well lately.

You didnt get laid off from your job, you were fired for refusing to follow the rules of the job. Just the same as if you failed a drug test, or got stealing.
Got my first email the other day from someone who is leaving his job because of the mandate.

I sent back one GIF:
Goodbye GIF

I'm a Teamster and it's sad to see workers falling over themselves to fail the Prisoner's Dilemma, over and over.

Good on the Deere folk.

The Des Moines Register did a good breakdown of what the workers rejected and linked the full contract. Sounds like the UAW believes they will be able to get more out of the company and the company is willing to continue to negotiate. My guess is this won't last too long.

ooh, ooh, are we playing the anecdotal evidence game?

Because I know people down there too, who think you're full of shit. Now, keep in mind, these people happen to be brown, so their opinions are worth about 3/5s of your white peoples' opinions, but still, THAT'S A BINGO.

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF
Hint: A lot of people down there are of the brown variety, that doesn't mean they all think how you think brown people should.

So that election official that let a Qanon nut take a picture of the dominion voting machines, and accidentally exposed the BIOS password by doing so?

Wayyyy more malicious than that

1) Brought the Qanon nut into a trusted meeting with Dominion where they were provisioning the voting machines
2) Lied that he was an employee transfer from MVA
3) Turned off the fuckin cameras to the voting machine provisioning room
4) FOR THREE DAYS
5) State audit turned up that the main voting machine server had been tampered with, had secure boot disabled, and had been changed to boot from a cd-rom.

She's fired (but should be in jail). But the only reason they were able to successfully alter votes is because theyre too damn stupid.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
One time in HS I drove around, grabbed every sign I saw, and planted them in a friend's (or more aptly his mom's) yard. At least 30.
As much as I'd like to be some old codger stiff about it that's pretty fuckin funny, and far easier to clean up than tp.

I just had four Donettes. I saw my first wife yesterday and she unloaded a bunch of snacks on me, including some Donettes. They were delicious.
The cool part of thaat is that your ex wife came to see you(and your son I gather). Apparently, you're not going to hell - if she's forgiven you then a higher power certainly will. Glad to hear you ate some tasty holes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.