Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The mayor of Oakland, California, on Tuesday announced a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month with no rules on how they can spend it.

poor black people - throw money to them
poor white people - lol too bad

:yawn:

The reason: White households in Oakland on average make about three times as much annually than black households, according to the Oakland Equity Index. It’s also a nod to the legacy of the Black Panther Party, the political movement that was founded in Oakland in the 1960s.

“Guaranteed income has been a goal of the Black Panther platform since its founding,” said Jesús Gerena, CEO of Family Independence Initiative, which is partnering with the program in Oakland. “Direct investment in the community in response to systemic injustices isn’t new.”

:yawn:

The reason: White households in Oakland on average make about three times as much annually than black households, according to the Oakland Equity Index. It’s also a nod to the legacy of the Black Panther Party, the political movement that was founded in Oakland in the 1960s.

“Guaranteed income has been a goal of the Black Panther platform since its founding,” said Jesús Gerena, CEO of Family Independence Initiative, which is partnering with the program in Oakland. “Direct investment in the community in response to systemic injustices isn’t new.”

it doesn't matter if they make more. I am talking about the poor whites who will get nothing while the poor blacks get free money.

If you want to give money to poor households it should be all poor households.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I have to admit I agree with Pickle on this one. An income requirement to qualify doesn’t see the color of the applicant. If they want to start reparations, no income requirement.

It says "privately funded". Sounds like someone or some private organization has offered up some money, his Honor the Mayor is handing it out. A private official can perform non-official functions. It's not contrary to public policy.

Thin Q

excuse my shitty comprehension sir

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
it doesn't matter if they make more. I am talking about the poor whites who will get nothing while the poor blacks get free money.

If you want to give money to poor households it should be all poor households.
This isn't government money, this is private money, and it's up to the private individual to distribute money to people however the fuck they want.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The mayor of Oakland, California, on Tuesday announced a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month with no rules on how they can spend it.

Way to deepen the racial divide in the country. What a fucking bunch of morons.

Throwing a bit of money at the racial wealth gap increases racial division?

Or do you mean racist wypipo are gonna get all tweaked that black folk are getting some help?
He's just talking dumb again. Few white people are going to care, the ones that would care already imagine(probably correctly) that some black people with money almost exclusively help black pepo.