Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last top-line legislative push the Dems had resulted in the Affordable Care Act.

They bent so far over to get Republican votes that it's completely toothless (except y'know for the fact that now @yeppers' policy has to pay for hysterectomies and IUDs), and even after all that bipartisan fellatio, not a single Republican voted for it.
that was some uber-doormat bullshit, i would hope theyve learned their lesson, but i somehow doubt it

One of the rioters they arrested today was caught in part because of a video he posted of himself storming the capital asking "How can they arrest us all?!"
These people are lucky stupidity isn't a crime. They're in enough trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
i mean, 1400+600 is a completely reasonable interpretation of 2000 dollar stimulus. They intended it to be 2000, republicans fucked it down to 600, and theyre putting in another 1400 to bring it back to where it was intended to be. It was never intended to be a 2600 dollar check
Nope.

$600 checks were set in place in December.
Jan 5th we have this from Biden

Also, the VP all the way back on two days ago

Nope.

$600 checks were set in place in December.
Jan 5th we have this from Biden

Also, the VP all the way back on two days ago

the push to up to 2000 in december was not a 2000 dollar on top of the stimulus, it was a modification which changed the 600 to 2000

The last top-line legislative push the Dems had resulted in the Affordable Care Act.

They bent so far over to get Republican votes that it's completely toothless (except y'know for the fact that now @yeppers' policy has to pay for hysterectomies and IUDs), and even after all that bipartisan fellatio, not a single Republican voted for it.
Hey! We passed a shit law! I know, blame it all on the other side!!

/ Washington

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
the push to up to 2000 in december was not a 2000 dollar on top of the stimulus, it was a modification which changed the 600 to 2000
That's not what I'm talking about, though.
They fought for $2000 checks in December, we didn't get them. We got $600 checks. The next month Biden promised $2000 checks. They are two separate things. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
And that's ignoring what the VP is saying

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
That's not what I'm talking about, though.
They fought for $2000 checks in December, we didn't get them. We got $600 checks. The next month Biden promised $2000 checks. They are two separate things. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
And that's ignoring what the VP is saying
yeah.. i get it. In the best case scenario, its really poorly thought out messaging.

It's funny how the so-called edumacated here don't understand how there's no such thing as free money. Its like they think it just spills from the pockets of the rich, and even if they're smart enough to realize it doesn't really do that, they still don't get it's just printed debt, issued to the government, which then taxes us, to service that debt, at interest. In any other business that would be called fucking them coming and going. In banking or politics (same thing) it's called sound policy.

That aged like 4 year old milk.
cu5z88srh7b61.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
It's funny how the so-called edumacated here don't understand how there's no such thing as free money. Its like they think it just spills from the pockets of the rich, and even if they're smart enough to realize it doesn't really do that, they still don't get it's just printed debt, issued to the government, which then taxes us, to service that debt, at interest. In any other business that would be called fucking them coming and going. In banking or politics (same thing) it's called sound policy.
No shit its all just printed and held in computers in some imaginary place.

The problem is that it is held by too few people in their imaginary places instead of moving around the economy and stimulating growth.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.