Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

shamwow

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0.40
Marklar
M0
They've now forced Pence to have to invoke 25 if he wants to not be murdered in 6 months when his USSS coverage ends. He has to make himself President or he dead.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwille

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥43,115.69
Marklar
M43,116
The worst case scenario, but not an infeasible one is this:

Massive national guard presence at the inauguration, massive armed rioter response.

Someone instigates, shooting at the national guard or attempting to overrun them causing them to have to fire.

Shit explodes and a bunch of people die at the hands of the guard.

Domestic terrorism for the next two generations based off that event.

I dont even know the right ROE for the guardsmen, i cant imagine theyre being told "dont shoot back if someone shoots at you", but theyre also not being told "let them through if they overrun you". Theres no winning scenario for these guys. I'm not a battlefield commander, but i dont know the right strategy here. @Mofugger did you have a command?

adi

Brown Thunder
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
₥65,775.22
Marklar
M65,775
the problem with this is, who do you trust? when there's so clearly already help/support for the insurgents from the inside, how do you know to whom the increased security are loyal?
its a shitstorm, the only thing i can think of is a thorough investigation and action till it is curbed.

Strings

Stuck with this Shitty Title
Apr 18, 2016
Marklar
₥81,863.04
Marklar
M81,863
Trump will probably sneak in there, in disguise, and vote not to impeach.
"He's a great guy, lets give him 4 more years to prove it".

Mofugger

Miniscule Member
Mar 18, 2007
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
The worst case scenario, but not an infeasible one is this:

Massive national guard presence at the inauguration, massive armed rioter response.

Someone instigates, shooting at the national guard or attempting to overrun them causing them to have to fire.

Shit explodes and a bunch of people die at the hands of the guard.

Domestic terrorism for the next two generations based off that event.

I dont even know the right ROE for the guardsmen, i cant imagine theyre being told "dont shoot back if someone shoots at you", but theyre also not being told "let them through if they overrun you". Theres no winning scenario for these guys. I'm not a battlefield commander, but i dont know the right strategy here. @Mofugger did you have a command?
I was enlisted, so no, I never had a command. I'm certain there would be rules of engagement and would expect them to be quite rigid, but I would fully expect them to be allowed to defend themselves.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwille

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥43,115.69
Marklar
M43,116
I developed a pavlovian response in that if i cross my arms across my chest, ill be out in 5 minutes. Back of a plane, truck on bumpy road, in the rain, snow (its actually super easy to fall asleep in the snow with good gear). Its been a super handy life skill

Mr. Asa

Will Argue for Tacos
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥61,341.03
Marklar
M61,341
Steam
asastang
I've heard that not all of them are armed, so I'm thinking its full on riot squad prep.