Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows rules are for the commoners. This why I'm switching to independent. Give me 5 min, and I will find a handful of things that either side did that piss me off.
depending on your state, the benefit to staying with a party is that you get to help pick the candidate in the primaries that you think wont do that bullshit. Independents dont get that choice sometimes. Also, when one party has "overthrow the country and put kids in cages" deficiencies and the other has "be a doormat and propose massive programs without allocating funding" problems, its pretty clear to be which problem set id rather deal with

Everyone knows rules are for the commoners. This why I'm switching to independent. Give me 5 min, and I will find a handful of things that either side did that piss me off.
I'm not a democrat so feel free to compile said list and chances are I'll agree, I don't need convincing, I've been yelling for years and I'm so fucking tired of playing the role of Cassandra.

I'm not a democrat so feel free to compile said list and chances are I'll agree, I don't need convincing, I've been yelling for years and I'm so fucking tired of playing the role of Cassandra.
Todd Akin's legitimate rape comment (GOP) vs Maxine Waters openly advocating for the harassment of others (DEM) .

First 2 examples that come to mind.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
depending on your state, the benefit to staying with a party is that you get to help pick the candidate in the primaries that you think wont do that bullshit. Independents dont get that choice sometimes. Also, when one party has "overthrow the country and put kids in cages" deficiencies and the other has "be a doormat and propose massive programs without allocating funding" problems, its pretty clear to be which problem set id rather deal with

I'm only saying I agree with some things that are stereotypically left wing, and some that are stereotypically right wing. Both parties have a tendency to piss me off.

This deserves a ball tazing.

dule0kg81ra61.png

Our governor just announced a state-level economic relief program. 180M to bolster unemployment for those who have lost their jobs and direct payments of 750 to anyone making under 50k a year, tiered based on family size.

That will make a difference to people in that income bracket. less than 50k a year here means a 1 bedroom apartment in a not-so-great part of town at best, people in that situation can use any help they can get

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and august
Did they really carved into it tho? I don't know much about manatees but it looks like algae that has been wiped away
Considering the US Fish and Wildlife Service are the ones saying it was carved in there, and you'd think they'd have a biologist or two on staff that can make that call... it probably was.

Considering the US Fish and Wildlife Service are the ones saying it was carved in there, and you'd think they'd have a biologist or two on staff that can make that call... it probably was.

We also have law enforcement agencies and media outlets that refer to a half dozen firearms as an "arsenal". I've learned to take everything with a grain of salt.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
We also have law enforcement agencies and media outlets that refer to a half dozen firearms as an "arsenal". I've learned to take everything with a grain of salt.
I've worked with their biologists - my day job is designing gear for tracking underwater critters. They're underfunded as fuck like every US environmental agency these days, but I can't fault the people that work there.

If one of their scientists says X was "carved" into a critter, I'm inclined to believe it.

how do you hold down a manatee while mutilating it and causing it enormous pain. They weigh like a 1000lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.