Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

niJIx5Z.jpg

that should rustle some jimmies

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Goddamn, I miss Obama. He may not have been a good man, but at least he was fucking coherent.

That's how I feel about Biden and he's not even coherent all the time, but that's better than never coherent like Dr. Trump.

The fuckery has begun. Why they weren't arressted, I'll never know (just kidding, we all know why they weren't arressted.)

but but but ANTIFA BLM is literally what a MAGA said in response to this article.

niJIx5Z.jpg

that should rustle some jimmies
Uh, Nichomachean Ethics, wherein "philia" is defined more-or-less as "brotherly love" (in actuality, it's more reserved for familial relations, but whatever), Aristotle doesn't actually put any such limitation on democracy.

Furthermore, democracy in the Aristotelian sense is the tyranny of the majority.

What we have in the US is a constitutional republic, where the tyranny of the majority is (in theory) restrained by a base set of rules (the constitution and the bill of rights), and an additional safeguard of a bicameral legistlature.

You would recognize these as important distinctions if you'd ever read any Aristotle (like I have) and weren't just passing around screenshots from twitter.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum