Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did state sanctioned sterilization on people here in Canada up until 1973, as part of a eugenics program. Mostly targeted at the mentally disabled, but a lot of natives got labeled just that over the years.

A fucked up part of our heritage.
we've definitely done it, too, here in the U.S., I know for example in North Carolina there was one program that sterilized almost 8000 people from the late 20s to the mid 70s, including people as young as 10 !!! eugenics was real popular outwardly here for a while, then after WWII they kept at this shit, they were just more quiet about it.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie

It's just Elders of Zion slightly retouched.
for real, it talks about it a bit in there but there has been a huge resurgence in usage of the term "cabal" and just cooooonstant references to/allusions to blood libel, and I get why people don't necessarily know the antisemitic history of those things but holy shit it's everywhere

• Gravy
for real, it talks about it a bit in there but there has been a huge resurgence in usage of the term "cabal" and just cooooonstant references to/allusions to blood libel, and I get why people don't necessarily know the antisemitic history of those things but holy shit it's everywhere
I had been steadfastly ignoring it until people running for office started saying things about it favorably.

I had been steadfastly ignoring it until people running for office started saying things about it favorably.
I'm not Jewish, so I don't come by this stuff having been raised to know about it/because I HAVE to know about it to protect myself, but a big reason why I pay close attention to the Nazi shit that goes on is because they've gotten very, very good at watering down and normalizing these views and conspiracies so that average people will fall for them so long as they don't come right out and label it what it is. once they get you on board with the watered-down stuff, it's a lot easier to start trickling in the more explicit stuff.

I don't ENJOY keeping up on the latest Nazi propaganda, but I think it's important to know and follow, even if I end up constantly feeling like some obnoxious internet Cassandra, because allowing it to get so far unchecked is far worse

• Gravy
I've never even heard of QAnon.

Also people are stupid. Soooooo stupid. Ugh, it used to bother me when I was younger. Now I just nod and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.