Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

A further weakened American image on the global stage, coupled with a damaged Iran wouldn't result in Russia exporting more oil?

Everything ain't always "the Russians". Sure they might lend support to whatever they think might weaken us or cast us in a bad light but it'd be more indirect in the case of a physical attack like this. They, and Iran, are masters at using proxies. You not gonna find some spetsnaz dudes fingerprints under that ship.

Fair point about their oil exports though. Some article, can't remember which, said 80% of the oil Asia uses goes through the strait of Hormuz. Something like 40% of all oil, globally, does, but Asian consumption isn't very far away from being completely dependent on it.

A lot of you don't remember the Iranian situation in 1976. When Jimmy Carter was president, Iran ousted the Shah and installed Ayatollahs and Sharia law. It's a horrible hateful country that hurts its own people and has vowed to destroy Israel. I'm sure that makes a lot of you Israel haters very happy.

You realize that Israel is not completely innocent, right?

I feel that a person can disagree with some policies another country has without being “a hater”.

It also seems that if anyone criticizes Israeli policy, they are automatically deemed anti Semitic and that’s just stupid.

IMO

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
You realize that Israel is not completely innocent, right?

I feel that a person can disagree with some policies another country has without being “a hater”.

It also seems that if anyone criticizes Israeli policy, they are automatically deemed anti Semitic and that’s just stupid.

IMO
Israel is not perfect.
Let's however compare a free Israel with a Sharia Iran.
Iran has offered to nuke Israel several hundred times over 4 decades.
Israel has not countered as such.
So whatever you believe about Israel, they are far superior to Iran in almost every way.

Israel is not perfect.
Let's however compare a free Israel with a Sharia Iran.
Iran has offered to nuke Israel several hundred times over 4 decades.
Israel has not countered as such.
So whatever you believe about Israel, they are far superior to Iran in almost every way.

Indeed.
Also a lot of that Iranian saber rattling seems to be as much propaganda focused at their own people as much as it is outward threats. They need a Boogeyman for them to keep cheering the mullahs.

Was reading yet another article I can't remember where basically saying the people, and specifically the younger, less hard-line folks, are kind of fed up with the theocracy. They basically posited that if we could knock down the government forces enough they couldn't be turned on their own, at least not as effectively, the population might just finish the job for us, as in revolution/overthrow.

Still none of our business, stay out of it. But it's not like all the people over there are as rabid as their govt, or even like what they're doing at all.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
From what I’ve been told, Iran is more divided every day over what direction they want to go, and also about policy regarding the US. I don’t know anything about the relations between Israel and Iran.

If someone in Iran only hears Trump rhetoric, or reads about how we are treating humans at the border, some of them are going to think the entire population here is savage assholes.

Same with Iran. They don’t all hate us. My MD is Iranian, and he’s a great guy. Rick Steves did a show on Iran and it was eye opening. A lot of them have zero issues with Americans.

From what I’ve been told, Iran is more divided every day over what direction they want to go, and also about policy regarding the US. I don’t know anything about the relations between Israel and Iran.

If someone in Iran only hears Trump rhetoric, or reads about how we are treating humans at the border, some of them are going to think the entire population here is savage assholes.

Same with Iran. They don’t all hate us. My MD is Iranian, and he’s a great guy. Rick Steves did a show on Iran and it was eye opening. A lot of them have zero issues with Americans.
The lucky ones got out of Iran.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Study shows that the farther away Republicans are from the border, the more they support building a full wall along the entire border "due to a lack of direct contact, supplanting direct information with partisan beliefs."

Study shows that the farther away Republicans are from the border, the more they support building a full wall along the entire border "due to a lack of direct contact, supplanting direct information with partisan beliefs."

Tonight at 11: dog bites man.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
idz0p01xcm431.jpg

Boy, that Stephanopoulos interview last evening was a steaming pile.

Even the most diehard Trumpanzee HAS to know deep inside that we have the weirdest, dumbest, and most phony president ever.

I sure hope ABC isn’t discovered to have doctored the footage. Drumph was so damn red whenever he got a little miffed.

You can tell at the end when he and his handler walk up the stairs that they think they are royalty.

Sickening.

He got super pissed at someone who coughed a little while he was talking and then gave the a glare and said “Leave the room if you want to cough”, then tried to re-shoot his answer. As though ABC was going to edit it out in post.

Turns out it was his own Chief of Staff, that guy that wanted the Holy Grail before Indy found it then melted when they opened it.