Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Kamala Harris’s ancestors owned slaves, and we’re not allowed to have statues of former slave owners? Should she be allowed to run for office?” - Hatebox crap

And the birther movement is back up and running in full swing. Several hatebox programs were discussing her not being an actual US citizen and a few had polls on their websites where listeners could join in!

I try not to generalize and the amount of over-generalization I see these days is scary IMO, but I’m beginning to think anyone who votes R for almost any office now is a full-on racist, one bedsheet away from breaking out the hood and tiki torches.

Something something sins of the father. Huh.
Nah I don't care about any of that. Her actions as a person are what is concerning. She is a crooked prosecutor and literally roasted Joe Biden for his treatment of women.

How is that duo better than Trump. He's at least so incompetent he can't get anything done. These two have experience.

3rd party all the way.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Nah I don't care about any of that. Her actions as a person are what is concerning. She is a crooked prosecutor and literally roasted Joe Biden for his treatment of women.

How is that duo better than Trump. He's at least so incompetent he can't get anything done. These two have experience.

3rd party all the way.

How is that better than trump? Lets start with the least egregious thing of the fact that they havent told 20,000 verifiable lies over their terms. Beyond that, they havent caused the deaths of 180,000 people, put children in cages, egregiously abused their powers, supported white supremacy groups, and engaged in rampant corruption and nepotism.

How is that better than trump? Lets start with the least egregious thing of the fact that they havent told 20,000 verifiable lies over their terms. Beyond that, they havent caused the deaths of 180,000 people, put children in cages, egregiously abused their powers, supported white supremacy groups, and engaged in rampant corruption and nepotism.
I ain't pro Trump. Never was. I literally got into a traffic accident when he got elected. Not guilty.

Look everyone here made me feel like an idiot for being pro gun for years. Do ya want to vote for two career politicians or an idiot and his sidekick or something dif.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I ain't pro Trump. Never was. I literally got into a traffic accident when he got elected. Not guilty.

Look everyone here made me feel like an idiot for being pro gun for years. Do ya want to vote for two career politicians or an idiot and his sidekick or something dif.
I want trump out, a third party wont help that happen. Believe me man, i did the third party thing for decades. I did it in 2016, that was a terrible mistake. I wont do it this time.

If we have two reasonable candidates again at some point in the future, i might consider it, but now is not the time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I want trump out, a third party wont help that happen. Believe me man, i did the third party thing for decades. I did it in 2016, that was a terrible mistake. I wont do it this time.

If we have two reasonable candidates again at some point in the future, i might consider it, but now is not the time.
I've never done the third party thing. Objectively the last libertarian candidate was a fucktard. Jorgensen seems like she's got her shit together.

For the first time in the history of the US people are talking about a Presidential Crimes Comission. That's how much worse Trump is.

I've never done the third party thing. Objectively the last libertarian candidate was a fucktard. Jorgensen seems like she's got her shit together.

Been voting 3rd party since Ross Perot. I sleep well at night.

Don't buy into the broken logic that is "you're throwing your vote away", or "you're defacto supporting someone else".
A vote for whoever you think is best is never a wasted vote. A vote for a "least worse" of a mythical two choices because hey at least it's not quite as bad as the other one however, is. A vote for less stinky shit is still a vote for shit.

It's not a defacto vote for someone else either. It's just a voter casting a vote for whatever they think is the best choice.

The only reason the 2 major parties have a lock on everything is because people keep voting for the 2 major parties.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Been voting 3rd party since Ross Perot. I sleep well at night.

Don't buy into the broken logic that is "you're throwing your vote away", or "you're defacto supporting someone else".
A vote for whoever you think is best is never a wasted vote. A vote for a "least worse" of a mythical two choices because hey at least it's not quite as bad as the other one however, is. A vote for less stinky shit is still a vote for shit.

It's not a defacto vote for someone else either. It's just a voter casting a vote for whatever they think is the best choice.

The only reason the 2 major parties have a lock on everything is because people keep voting for the 2 major parties.
FB_IMG_1591654235748.jpg

As far as the "but, but, your vote doesn't matter" BS, Libertarian generally pulls votes from the right. Not all but a majority. So while it may not be a vote for a D it's still a vote less on the R side.

Same thing just flipped for Green party as it relates to the Democrat party.

There's a bunch of other smaller, ancillary parties as well as write-ins. The term "3rd party" is a marketing misnomer as there's a he'll of a lot more than 3. The big 2 enjoy it though as it generally means "anything other than us".

Neither of the big 2 would survive without the other one as a foil. This because neither one of them have much worth voting for. They need the other one for something to point at as being something worth voting against.

Note the difference between voting against and voting for.

Not sure what all that is supposed to mean. It may be a valid point that I might even agree with, at least in part, maybe. I just don't have the time to dig into it all right now. Other life responsibilities beckon.

I will say however that the manufactured "emergency" of the here and now is a favorite tool of the big 2 to get people to vote against the other guy and ignore any long term ramifications to our system or our country.

Just vote against them now because omg shit is so bad and you are so important you can save it.

Makes a great story.

I will say however that the manufactured "emergency" of the here and now is a favorite tool of the big 2 to get people to vote against the other guy and ignore any long term ramifications to our system or our country.

Just vote against them now because omg shit is so bad and you are so important you can save it.
I'm happily sitting here in the Atlantic Canadian bubble, which is considered the safest place from COVID in North America right now.

We kicked COVID's ass because of good leadership, who (1) shut the place down right away to control shit while it was still controllable, knowing the economic hit was only gonna be worse if they waited, and (2) did a fabulous job motivating people to do their part because ultimately it's individual people's actions that ultimately stop the virus. "Stay the blazes home" became a provincial motto.

Our leadership didn't make it political, they didn't blame CHYNA for the CHYNA VIRUS, they're not fucking suing each other over mask mandates like whatever the fuck is happening in Georgia right now. Y'all could have done the same, and had the same outcome as us (or NZ, who have done a fantastic job) but your leadership sucks ass.

I'm happily sitting here in the Atlantic Canadian bubble, which is considered the safest place from COVID in North America right now.

We kicked COVID's ass because of good leadership, who (1) shut the place down right away to control shit while it was still controllable, knowing the economic hit was only gonna be worse if they waited, and (2) did a fabulous job motivating people to do their part because ultimately it's individual people's actions that ultimately stop the virus. "Stay the blazes home" became a provincial motto.

Our leadership didn't make it political, they didn't blame CHYNA for the CHYNA VIRUS, they're not fucking suing each other over mask mandates like whatever the fuck is happening in Georgia right now. Y'all could have done the same, and had the same outcome as us (or NZ, who have done a fantastic job) but your leadership sucks ass.
Idk I think my govenour did great. He shut everything no compromises. We're still in lockdown. Mask wearing is enforced. Problem is were bordered with 3 anti mask states. Look I love the northeast. You got one thing we don't have here and that's cultural homogeneity.

Cultural homogenity? Have you been to Canada?
giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Status
Not open for further replies.