Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

That's weird. My mail person only delivers things to RESIDENT or my name. Ask @fly what happened when he sent a CAH to "Jehannum" at my address.

It may be changed recently? Or we just realized anyway if you tape a tag inside the lid with the last names of whoever lives there seems to cut down on that some. It still shows up sometimes but not as much. Maybe some people realized they were missing mail, Idk.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
It may be changed recently? Or we just realized anyway if you tape a tag inside the lid with the last names of whoever lives there seems to cut down on that some. It still shows up sometimes but not as much. Maybe some people realized they were missing mail, Idk.
I just realized that when we moved in, the mail person asked our name and put a tag in there for us.

IDK - between my 3 business and other such, I'm used to getting 5+ pieces every day. Nothing Saturday. 1 wad of coupon shit today that isn't even mail. Only early April has it been like this.

Well it was recently early July and the IRS gave everybody until July 15 instead of April 15.

Well it was recently early July and the IRS gave everybody until July 15 instead of April 15.
I'm loosing the thread here Hips. How does the IRS pushing tax filing up to July 15 change the landscape that much? Everybody was home - more mail should have been coming in to homes, not less. Sort of like the turlet paper - no shortage, all was hiding in janitor's closets at companies.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm loosing the thread here Hips. How does the IRS pushing tax filing up to July 15 change the landscape that much? Everybody was home - more mail should have been coming in to homes, not less. Sort of like the turlet paper - no shortage, all was hiding in janitor's closets at companies.

You mentioned you've only seen it like this in early april, which is usual tax time, for those who have to pay in anyway.

This year that time was moved to July.

It's a busy time for the post office.

If not that blame it on covid.

Or whatever government chicanery is going on.

The post office is a legit, constitutionally mandated function of federal government. The vast, vast majority of alphabet agencies are not. That alone should tell you where the funding should be going. And just as importantly where it should not be.

Fund the post office!

Defund the ___________(too many to list)!

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Post office most overwhelming times are tax time and Christmas time.

And then comes publishers clearinghouse day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I just want to say how much I love the post office. It's right up there with schools and libraries. I love USPS so much that I think they should have an email branch as we move closer to a paperless society. Fuck Facebook, give me that official government email.

I did have a problem getting mail when I lived in a rural area. Most people had PO boxes there, the post office loves PO boxes btw, but the contracted rural carriers are hit or miss (the dudes they hire off the street and drive personal vehicles).

I did have a problem getting mail when I lived in a rural area. Most people had PO boxes there, the post office loves PO boxes btw, but the contracted rural carriers are hit or miss (the dudes they hire off the street and drive personal vehicles).
oof yeah I had a PO box at my last house where it was more rural, my biggest issue was the hours the PO boxes were available were too narrow already, and it was a small box so we had to wait to get any USPS packages until we could go during the even narrower hours the desk was open

You mentioned you've only seen it like this in early april, which is usual tax time, for those who have to pay in anyway.
I meant I'd only seen it go slow like this when they started the shut-down. At some point more mail should have been flowing. People were stuck at home, many weren't suffering to much financially. Business should have kept on keeping on. imo. I personally have seen nothing but an increase in my online sales with covid going on. People wanting parts for their toys. idk.

I think my real worry is the psycho bitch who lives across from our mailboxs. I wouldn't put it past her to steal people's mail. Industrial grade nut job.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Oh shit. Firework storage/factory went up and took the building next to it.

What was in that building? A shit-ton of ammonium nitrate