Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s his reasoning?
The organization, the movement, or the sentiment?
From what I can tell he is against the movement. He's pissed about the riots and he's very pro police. I didn't get very deep into the conversation though. I was more wondering if any of y'all think there are good reasons to be against BLM. Personally I think the organization is using people for views to push an agenda that has little if anything to do with helping black people. It's pretty much the only reason I won't put #blacklivesmatter on anything. I can't say black lives matter without supporting BLM. I also can't say anything bad about the organization without being considered racist. I don't like that the movement is completely linked with the organization.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
From what I can tell he is against the movement. He's pissed about the riots and he's very pro police. I didn't get very deep into the conversation though. I was more wondering if any of y'all think there are good reasons to be against BLM. Personally I think the organization is using people for views to push an agenda that has little if anything to do with helping black people. It's pretty much the only reason I won't put #blacklivesmatter on anything. I can't say black lives matter without supporting BLM. I also can't say anything bad about the organization without being considered racist. I don't like that the movement is completely linked with the organization.
My opinion:

- the sentiment: if you don't believe that black lives matter, fuck right off.
- the movement: It's a disorganized movement and like every movement on the planet it's full of reasonable people and idiots... but I'm all for black people sticking the fuck up for themselves and demanding equal treatment from the police. As far as the rioters go, I don't condone it, but I understand it.
- the organization: can fuck right off.

Couple years back they blocked the toronto pride parade, demanding signatures from the organizers that they ban the police from taking part in the parade from now on. Took the parade and made it about themselves.

gay/lesbian/whatever cops marching in a gay pride parade? OH GAWD WE MUST BAN IT.

Bunch of shitheads.

My opinion:

- the sentiment: if you don't believe that black lives matter, fuck right off.
- the movement: It's a disorganized movement and like every movement on the planet it's full of reasonable people and idiots... but I'm all for black people sticking the fuck up for themselves and demanding equal treatment from the police. As far as the rioters go, I don't condone it, but I understand it.
- the organization: can fuck right off.
I love who gravied this because its so predictable.

Minor correction, there is no organization. It is a completely decentralized network of groups because organizations with an actual center and a hierarchy don't work to bring about change. What works for one neighborhood/city won't work for another.

I love who gravied this because its so predictable.

Minor correction, there is no organization. It is a completely decentralized network of groups because organizations with an actual center and a hierarchy don't work to bring about change. What works for one neighborhood/city won't work for another.

What you're describing sounds more like antifa

An organization known simply as Black Lives Matter[a] exists as a decentralized network with about 16 chapters in the United States and Canada, while a larger Black Lives Matter movement exists consisting of various separate like-minded organizations such as Dream Defenders and Assata's Daughters. The broader movement and its related organizations typically advocate against police violence towards black people, as well as for various other policy changes considered to be related to black liberation.[7]

friend's conspiracy theory.

If Russia was paying bounties on dead US soldiers, they could be paying Trump to mismanage COVID and kill US citizens too.

Couple years back they blocked the toronto pride parade, demanding signatures from the organizers that they ban the police from taking part in the parade from now on. Took the parade and made it about themselves.

gay/lesbian/whatever cops marching in a gay pride parade? OH GAWD WE MUST BAN IT.

Bunch of shitheads.

i remember this.
i’ve been to at least 10+ prides in Toronto and 1 in NYC (i was even on a float in 2009) and when the police come out and join it shows solidarity and support. Pride is so MASSIVE that there is no waay 7 cops dancing to “Its raining men” is gonna take attention away from Pride and entire purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.