Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

On another note, if I were ruler, Mike Pompeo would be disappeared. He is dangerous.

It’s not a good move allowing someone who is so anxious for end times to get here to have so much power and influence.

Hopefully this will end in some miraculous fashion soon so we can get back to normal, concentrating as much wealth in as few people possible.

I can’t help but think this would be going a little easier if there wasn’t such a disparity and gap between incomes.

I also think that if people other than the current politicians were working on a bailout bill. Their focus and allegiance is too scattered.
it absolutely would be easier without the pay/income disparity bc people wouldn't be forced to keep working when their unethical bosses refused to close

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
it absolutely would be easier without the pay/income disparity bc people wouldn't be forced to keep working when their unethical bosses refused to close
It worked out well for my wife. She closed last Monday, a couple of her competitors forced their employees to come in all week and the employees were not happy about it. My wife now has a fresh stack of resumes, ready to pluck their best employees when this all blows over.

It worked out well for my wife. She closed last Monday, a couple of her competitors forced their employees to come in all week and the employees were not happy about it. My wife now has a fresh stack of resumes, ready to pluck their best employees when this all blows over.
I'm glad she was able to do the right thing, and I know that's not easy for small businesses like hers either, but I truly hope people remember these actions and choices when we have occasion to come back from this.

I have been feeling Some Type of Way about how people like those who work at grocery stores are being forced to keep working and exposing themselves to infection. in most cases, it's not out of a sense of nobility or selflessness, it's need. and that's not to say none of them ARE selfless or noble, but most of them don't have a choice. and laid off workers are flocking to these jobs, and it is yet again the working class who are being forced to take these risks, but we've spent the last however long screaming at them to "get a real job" and "if you want a living wage, go back to school"

meanwhile, landlords are bitching about these "freeloaders" who "think they're gonna get away with not paying rent" and "how am I gonna pay the mortgage on this unneccessary property if I can't get paid rent" like they don't exist solely as middlemen, leaching off the basest needs of others.

• Gravy
Most of the grocery store chains up here gave all of their employees temporary raises in the last week. They should be permanent raises, but it’s a start at least.

The stores here hire extra temp help to keep up with the rush. Obvs not gonna replace everyone's job but it's something some people can do until this blows over anyways.

• Gravy
EHZyLY1.jpg

So the latest idea is that is ok for 3 million people to die in order to get the economy running again asap.
I just wanna talk about which 3 million people we are willing to sacrifice
::guillotine intensifies::

NO U!
lol he can go work in the grocery store if he is so worried about it. there's openings!

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I just wanna talk about which 3 million people we are willing to sacrifice
::guillotine intensifies::

lol he can go work in the grocery store if he is so worried about it. there's openings!
One one hand - fewer oldsters on SS. On the other hand - more opportunities for the government to grab at people's estates, due to all the Medicaid money that has to be paid back. It may be cheaper/better to keep us, unless your parent's are boo-coo rich. Plus, you need someone to yell OK BOOMER!! at.
Medicaid recipients over the age of 55 are expected to repay the government for many medical expenses—and states will seize houses and other assets after those recipients die in order to satisfy the debt.

One one hand - fewer oldsters on SS. On the other hand - more opportunities for the government to grab at people's estates, due to all the Medicaid money that has to be paid back. It may be cheaper/better to keep us, unless your parent's are boo-coo rich. Plus, you need someone to yell OK BOOMER!! at.
Medicaid recipients over the age of 55 are expected to repay the government for many medical expenses—and states will seize houses and other assets after those recipients die in order to satisfy the debt.
just to clarify, it wasn't boomers my guillotine was intensifying for (for which my guillotine was intensifying?) - and Boomer™ is a state of mind, there are plenty of people who fit into the generation by age who have been and will continue to suffer. the two replies weren't meant back-to-back as in the part that followed was the intended recipient unless the scope is narrowed specifically to people like that Lt. Gov who is so eager to sacrifice people to please The Line.