Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Who here works for the govt? Directly or indirectly? (and be sure to specify who is in which category)

Of the regulars here a lot bigger percentage of them are in it somehow than there is out in the rest of the world. Not keeping track of everyone's personal affairs or whatever but if you just follow the discussions here can probably think of a half dozen just off the top of my head .

I supposed we all work for gov in some highly indirect way but what I'm talking about is a closer relationship than that.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I work for a private company that provides scientific research equipment used by government researchers, so in a way, I work for the government.

Because the private sector doesn't exactly fund things like marine life research unless they're forced to. The libertarian dream would be an environmental disaster.

I work for a private company that provides scientific research equipment used by government researchers, so in a way, I work for the government.

Because the private sector doesn't exactly fund things like marine life research unless they're forced to. The libertarian dream would be an environmental disaster.
the private sector won't fund anything that isn't profitable

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

Samesies. FFRDC.

See, that's why I'm asking. Cause I can think of one guaranteed person and maybe two or three contractors

Depends on your definition of indirect I suppose. Folks might work for a private business but when that business depends on doing work for the govt, contracts, research grants, etc., that's pretty much defacto gov employments.

Gee's scientific instruments are a good example. Wetwilie works for a private law office but they mostly do social security/disability stuff, that's govt. Flop is private sector on paper but the clients are govt departments.

Etc. Etc.

Don't know what you were doing at that ammo dump or whatever it was in the armpit of Texas but that's a govt place. Though if that was one of your companies many clients and they could stay profitable without the govt work then that's a step further removed.

Depends on your definition of indirect I suppose. Folks might work for a private business but when that business depends on doing work for the govt, contracts, research grants, etc., that's pretty much defacto gov employments.

Gee's scientific instruments are a good example. Wetwilie works for a private law office but they mostly do social security/disability stuff, that's govt. Flop is private sector on paper but the clients are govt departments.

Etc. Etc.

Don't know what you were doing at that ammo dump or whatever it was in the armpit of Texas but that's a govt place. Though if that was one of your companies many clients and they could stay profitable without the govt work then that's a step further removed.
look at you judging people from your lofty chicken bathroom.

When's the "YOU WORK FOR ME, I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR" gonna come down the pike?

The Fresno Grizzlies minor league baseball team played this video as a Memorial Day tribute at their game yesterday. They're taking a lot of heat for it and have apologized. Around the 3:00 mark is where the controversy starts when Ronald Reagan starts talking about "our enemies".

look at you judging people from your lofty chicken bathroom.

When's the "YOU WORK FOR ME, I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR" gonna come down the pike?

Avian upward mobility funded entirely by the private sector.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Thought I was going nuts for a minute.

The link takes you to the correct post but that preview of it or whatever you call that isn't it at all.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Avian upward mobility funded entirely by the private sector.

The entire reason why Austin is an ongoing concern is because of the state government existing there, you dolt.

Not by choice. Globalization of the World Markets has reduced wages to a point where working-class people have no choice but to buy that crap.
Oh yes, if only the world would follow your very smart™ suggestions for policy, everybody would be rich, and nobody would be hungry.

I also find it odd that the politically left in here are also the ones excusing/defending/advocating status quo globalism and military interference all over the world. That war hawkish type stuff and using the military to ensure cheap oil and serve as security for our corporate overlords usually gets blamed on the right.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I also find it odd that the politically left in here are also the ones excusing/defending/advocating status quo globalism and military interference all over the world. That war hawkish type stuff and using the military to ensure cheap oil and serve as security for our corporate overlords usually gets blamed on the right.
Pointing out your hypocrisy by acknowledging the reality isn't excusing/defending/advocating the status quo.