Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

vhhpd8kjbe031.jpg
Because the Pope has some marginal authority regarding Christians, but none over Muslims?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
The primary purpose if the US military is to make the world safe for capitalist exploitation. It seems that the navel-gazing xenophobes, with their cries of "globalism!", are confusing neocolonial militarism with the ideal of a just global society. The two are mutually exclusive.

The primary purpose if the US military is to make the world safe for capitalist exploitation. It seems that the navel-gazing xenophobes, with their cries of "globalism!", are confusing neocolonial militarism with the ideal of a just global society. The two are mutually exclusive.
What's your proposed solution to all these wrongs?
We've all seen you decry capitalism, so what would be an ideal system in the world of Hoggz?
Let's hear some ideas on how to make things right instead of just complaining about the wrongs.

I didn't bother putting my trashcan out last night because hey, today's a holiday, right?

Well as it turns out by the time I knew what was going on my garbage men had collected up the whole neighborhoods trash and moved on.

It seems most people in "public service" (lol) got no problem turning a 3-day weekend into 4-1/2 at the taxpayers expense but if they actually engage in some activity that actually serves the public then aw hell no, you get your ass to work.

Pretty much defines that whole essential and non-essential personnel thing don't it.

Now before some of the resident .gov employees* here call me stupid for conflating local waste management with super important fed level stuff...how many days did you get off? How "essential" are you really?

* It doesn't matter if you work for the govt directly, or by contract, or if you work for a company that lives on govt contracts. You work for the govt.

Once you realize most of the people here that want "government solutions" for things work for the government, it starts to make sense.

Now before some of the resident .gov employees* here call me stupid for conflating local waste management with super important fed level stuff...how many days did you get off? How "essential" are you really?

* It doesn't matter if you work for the govt directly, or by contract, or if you work for a company that lives on govt contracts. You work for the govt.

How weird.

Our trash pickup here is totally private, no real government contracts that are obvious, but I’m sure there are some kind of agreements/contracts. Don’t think the government sets any of the rules though, involving when they pick up or don’t.