Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floyd is a stage that most of us hopefully grow out of.
I believe Dark Side Of The Moon + Wish You Were Here are works of mastery... the musicianship, production, engineering, everything's spot on.

I've just heard those albums waaaaaay too many times for this lifetime, and I'd rather listen to new/different shit than the same 'ol shit.

I believe Dark Side Of The Moon + Wish You Were Here are works of mastery... the musicianship, production, engineering, everything's spot on.

I've just heard those albums waaaaaay too many times for this lifetime, and I'd rather listen to new/different shit than the same 'ol shit.
Same. And also the early Metallica albums as well.

When a jackass gets charged and convicted of drunk driving, there are sentencing guidelines. The judge uses those as a guide, and they aren’t able to go outside the lines. I’m no expert on that, I’ve only been in court probably less than 40 times and talked to a dozen or so attorneys, and a few of those times sentencing guidelines were part of the conversation.

I’ve also been in the presence of folks who were hoping for a judge to give them extra time above the guideline so they were eligible to go to a different facility, and the judge declined every time.

It sounds like sentencing guidelines are a new thing for most people, and right wing radio personalities have no comprehension how they work, why they exist, or how the law works.
I'm not sure of the context of this, apologies if I missed it, but: there are federal sentencing guidelines for people tried in federal courts, and then states have their own guidelines or "guidelines" that they follow - some states do have set sentencing guidelines, and some don't. there are also things like mandatory minimum sentencing and truth in sentencing that are related but, again, vary by state (and offense)

82xgfr4frnh41.jpg

tolerant left being tolerant

My thoughts on Black Sabbath have nothing to do with politics.
I like some of TEd Nugent's older music but I think his political views suck dick. *He's from Michigan too.

It's not that it's shit music, i've just been listening to it since I was like 9? I called some guy in response to a "bass player wanted ad" a few years ago. The set list was sounding like shit, then he said "Smoke ON The Water".
"NO! U!"
"Waat?!"
"Not doing that shit. In fact, on further consideration, this call is finished.":fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
Status
Not open for further replies.