Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Umm...he did. Minus the pissing on them part.

Well then. Color me corrected, as if I care about what R Kelly’s lyrics are about.

you and Hips don’t understand where I’m coming from. R Kelly is a rapper. People burned Beatles records when “bigger than Jesus” was uttered, let em do the same.

Voting for someone to be “THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD” Is hardly a logical comparison. I don’t think R Kelly is gonna swing the stock market wildly with a tweet or assassinate a top member of another nation’s ruling party. By voting for Trump, everybody gave his racism and assholeishness a hard pass.

I like how the republicans following Dear Leader’s lead are blaming Obama for this and claiming he paid for Iran’s missiles that were launched. I don’t remember Iran firing missiles during the period the US was in the Iran Deal. It wasn’t until they were provoked not just once, but repeatedly, if you take pulling out of the agreement, piling on sanctions, etc.

You poke a sleeping bear and he attacks you, don’t blame the fuckin bear.

What exactly was the “eminent threat”? None of the elected persons who were briefed were informed as to what it was.

They compare Drumph (pressured by Pompeo) blowing this dude up to Obama’s drone activity. Obama was no saint when it came to drone strikes, but I for some reason think the US was slightly more involved in combat with the specified countries/groups he targeted. Are we at war with Iran?

Soleimani was reportedly responsible for “killing hundreds of Americans”. Why didn’t we hear about this? Was it recently? Or was it during the most active times of the “war on terror”?

There is a lot about this shit to not be okay with, and a few of you know if the brown president did this shit, you’d be screaming for him to be hung out to dry, like you did over the beige suit or the bow to foreign dignitaries.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
There are people walking among us that need to be a dick (even just a little) to feel their day is complete. They aren’t comfy with just coming out ahead, and only feel a real sense of accomplishment if they have left injury of some kind in their wake.

There is something fundamentally wrong with those types, and it’s more pervasive than we realize. Not everybody feels the same when “entitlement programs” or “safety nets” incur budget cuts. Some people are as glad to see people get screwed as they are that “their hard-earned tax dollars (many of whom don’t pay any taxes)” aren’t “supporting” “some lazy ass”.

I like how the republicans following Dear Leader’s lead are blaming Obama for this and claiming he paid for Iran’s missiles that were launched. I don’t remember Iran firing missiles during the period the US was in the Iran Deal. It wasn’t until they were provoked not just once, but repeatedly, if you take pulling out of the agreement, piling on sanctions, etc.

What exactly was the “eminent threat”? None of the elected persons who were briefed were informed as to what it was.

They compare Drumph (pressured by Pompeo) blowing this dude up to Obama’s drone activity. Obama was no saint when it came to drone strikes, but I for some reason think the US was slightly more involved in combat with the specified countries/groups he targeted. Are we at war with Iran?

Soleimani was reportedly responsible for “killing hundreds of Americans”. Why didn’t we hear about this? Was it recently? Or was it during the most active times of the “war on terror”?

There is a lot about this shit to not be okay with, and a few of you know if the brown president did this shit, you’d be screaming for him to be hung out to dry, like you did over the beige suit or the bow to foreign dignitaries.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Might be semantics but General Salamander and his merry band of miscreants have been designated a "foreign terrorist organization" for some time. As such Congress already gave approval to wack him at the DoD's/administration's discretion, no different than Bin Laden or the Isis leader.

Whether or not it was a good idea could be up for debate but there is no "war crime" going on here.

Might be semantics but General Salamander and his merry band of miscreants have been designated a "foreign terrorist organization" for some time. As such Congress already gave approval to wack him at the DoD's/administration's discretion, no different than Bin Laden or the Isis leader.

Whether or not it was a good idea could be up for debate but there is no "war crime" going on here.
Isis and bin laden were stateless. Soleimani was not. That doesnt make him any less bad of a dude, but it matters from a geopolitical level.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Isis and bin laden were stateless. Soleimani was not. That doesnt make him any less bad of a dude, but it matters from a geopolitical level.

I understand that though it's still at least partially semantics. For example Isis had leadership structure, held territory, instituted laws, and levied taxes. That's a state whether we choose to recognize it as one or not.

thats not how states work.

That's not how we say they work. Being a state/governing body/whatever you wanna call it does not require American approval.

Anyways, formalities and word play. Bad people are bad people.

Iran started poking the bear when they began attacking oil tankers in Gulf in May 2019 and continued to poke throughout the following months leading up to the Iranian backed militias attacking the embassy and the ayatollah saying there is nothing the US can do about it. We can argue about legality of it but they continued to poke the bear and bear proved the ayatollah wrong and did something about it. Hopefully Iran takes after Libya in the 80s and after getting punched in the face by us they shut the fuck up. Unfortunately I doubt that happens.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
We've been trading bigger punches than this with Iran since the 70's. Those guys want to stay in power. They know if they provoke all the way to actual war they're finished. They know where that line is and dance up to it regularly but don't cross it.
A lot of this is about looking strong to their own people more so than doing real damage to us.
Everybody over there ain't behind all this mullah theocracy stuff.