Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can everybody be self employed? Lab tech? Who’s going to be a nurse? More doctors work for HMOs then are self-employed. Imagine only 1/4 of the healthcare professionals that we currently have. What about the VA? No more VA I guess.

I haven’t ever asked. Are you self employed?

For the most part yeah. Aside from a couple few week stint here or there to fill in a gap I haven't worked on a W2 since late 90's.

That doesn't mean much. Ladybutt is classified as 1099, but she is by no means self employed.

Until rather recently you could be 1099, or whatever else and still be dependent on someone else for work. Uber is the prime reason that is changing

Oh I know. Tons of people who are technically subcontractors that are beholden to one contract. Entire companies are built on it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Dude’s hair was extra weird yesterday.

A86C07F9-5A33-4589-ADE1-7A3F6B35FE09.jpeg

I just overheard (on the hatebox) that Melania was booed while addressing a group about opiate abuse, and the radio host was lamenting over how “Michelle Obama never got booed despite running the White House like a thug” and how Melania should be on the cover of every magazine instead of Jennifer Aniston, since she’s soooo great. A naturalized citizen, who is stunning, was a model, etc etc.

Lemme guess. “Eva Braun, my one weakness”.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Jehannum and APRIL

View attachment 10161

I just overheard (on the hatebox) that Melania was booed while addressing a group about opiate abuse, and the radio host was lamenting over how “Michelle Obama never got booed despite running the White House like a thug” and how Melania should be on the cover of every magazine instead of Jennifer Aniston, since she’s soooo great. A naturalized citizen, who is stunning, was a model, etc etc.

She was in Baltimore, every Trump gets boo'd in Baltimore thanks to the asshole-ish things Trump said about their city.

Waaaaaaaa Melania got booed... fucking snowflakes. :fly:

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
Can everybody be self employed? Lab tech? Who’s going to be a nurse? More doctors work for HMOs then are self-employed. Imagine only 1/4 of the healthcare professionals that we currently have. What about the VA? No more VA I guess.

I haven’t ever asked. Are you self employed?
Some businesses would rather pay someone more on a 1099 than hire them straight up. No worker's comp insurance, less liability(depending).
Self employed: Changes to tax code under Drumph means it's pointless to try to write off a home office in most cases.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Let's face it Baltimore is a shithole.
Baltimore is just like any other city, there's bougie/upscale areas and rough neighborhoods; the main delineation is financial. a lot of people who live there are struggling financially. median income per capita and % of the population living below the poverty line are significantly higher than the national average, and there's a huge homeless population. I can't imagine any of that has gotten better since they closed sparrows point.

View attachment 10161

Michelle Obama was a pretty intimidating gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.