Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

exactly, but it doesn't matter when the crime was committed.

and where does it say they can't be charged? or is it just not worth the effort becasue they may be able to pardon themselves?
It's a "guidance" or somesuch from like the 60s(?). Idea was it would be unduly burdensome for a president to have to worry about criminal charges: impeachment is how justice is supposed to be achieved with a criminal president.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
It's a "guidance" or somesuch from like the 60s(?). Idea was it would be unduly burdensome for a president to have to worry about criminal charges: impeachment is how justice is supposed to be achieved with a criminal president.
or just resign if you're Nixon and get that sweet pardon from your VP

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
exactly, but it doesn't matter when the crime was committed.

and where does it say they can't be charged? or is it just not worth the effort becasue they may be able to pardon themselves?
Presidents can pardon federal level crimes, not state, this is why NY is giving him such a headache last I heard. Also, the founders (I think) viewed a president that pardoned themselves as instantly impeachable

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
they can be impeached and then charged.
Nancy is more concerned about keeping the majority in the House rather than doing what's right. She's worried about dems in red states where Trump is still popular being voted out of office if they attempt to impeach him. Priorities....

Presidents can pardon federal level crimes, not state, this is why NY is giving him such a headache last I heard. Also, the founders (I think) viewed a president that pardoned themselves as instantly impeachable
Pardoning yourself is an admission of guilt, at least how I see it.

Pardoning yourself is an admission of guilt, at least how I see it.
pardons in general are acknowledgement of guilt. That actually screwed Sherrif Racistfuck arpaio when the president pardoned him, as it opened him up to civil litigation he admitted guilt. A pardon here in the us is a pardon for punishment, not absolution of guilt.

He's concerned about keeping power as well. If the vast majority of the country wants it, including the people in his home state, he won't risk losing his majority or being voted out of office. He'd support it.
I don't know... it sure seems like Mitch thinks he can do as he please as Trump will be in in office for life.

I don't know... it sure seems like Mitch thinks he can do as he please as Trump will be in in office for life.
He feels he can do as he pleases because at the moment he's in no jeopardy of losing his seat in the Senate and the republicans aren't in danger of losing the Senate.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
He feels he can do as he pleases because at the moment he's in no jeopardy of losing his seat in the Senate and the republicans aren't in danger of losing the Senate.

This is why he won’t bring background check bills to the floor. He flat out said if he brings it to the floor and something passes, then Drumph refuses to sign it, it will make them look bad. Worse. Whatever.

He and his ilk can still win elections as long as they obstruct. If they ever do the right thing, what’s best for the country, they’ll lose elections because their base.

Politics gets in the way of doing the right thing, every fucking time.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
These billboards are going up in Kentucky

zIhMnkL.jpg