poltergeist printer issue

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
:wtf:

nothing i've queued to print has come out of the printer this morning. the status on my screen says "printer jam" and everyone else can print but me. why does this day just want to hate me? :(

F33nX said:
:wtf:

nothing i've queued to print has come out of the printer this morning. the status on my screen says "printer jam" and everyone else can print but me. why does this day just want to hate me? :(
Are you sure you're printing to the correct printer?

theacoustician said:
Are you sure you're printing to the correct printer?

i'm insulted.

i'm printing to the correct ip address of the printer closest to me, i even double checked it. when i go to file/print... it tells me the status of the printer is "paper jam" and tells me my docs are queued to print after the jam is fixed. THERE IS NO JAM. ?!?!?!!?

Try opening and shutting a few of the little access panels and see if that helps- we used to have problems like that on the HP's we had around here, and sometimes that would cure the paper jam error.

BigDov said:
Try opening and shutting a few of the little access panels and see if that helps- we used to have problems like that on the HP's we had around here, and sometimes that would cure the paper jam error.
already tried that too, even took out the cartridge and replaced it. stupid pos lexmark shite :mad:

F33nX said:
already tried that too, even took out the cartridge and replaced it. stupid pos lexmark shite :mad:

:( I feel your pain........ we went from HP to Lexmark and now to Xerox, with onsite support from Xerox. Our local IT folks don't even deal with the printers anymore.

184161194802lzzzzzzz3er.jpg

F33nX said:
i'm insulted.

i'm printing to the correct ip address of the printer closest to me, i even double checked it. when i go to file/print... it tells me the status of the printer is "paper jam" and tells me my docs are queued to print after the jam is fixed. THERE IS NO JAM. ?!?!?!!?
If they for whatever reason remapped the IP address to the printer (and didn't post the new IP near the printer), you might think you're printing to the right printer, but aren't. At least run through the network and see if the printer you want to print to hasn't had its IP address changed. Delete your printer driver and reinstall it.

Other than that, chill out woman. It's cool. We're all friends here.