WTF Politics reboot

With nothing to explain it. I've already said show me where the other western governments have been gridlocked? They haven't. Their style of government is superior to yours.

Have a read.
http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/20/fareeds-take-does-america-need-a-prime-minister/

Well, simply because you interpret something a particular way doesn't make it fact.

1. There are PLENTY of people that would define a successful government as gridlocked
2. Are you suggesting that we can't pass ANY laws? That's simply not the case. I suggest you list your definition of gridlock, while dancing around that obvious fact.

Well, simply because you interpret something a particular way doesn't make it fact.

1. There are PLENTY of people that would define a successful government as gridlocked
2. Are you suggesting that we can't pass ANY laws? That's simply not the case. I suggest you list your definition of gridlock, while dancing around that obvious fact.

You didn't read the link I posted did you?

lol well it's a decent write up opinion piece (including links) on the pros and cons of both the parliamentary system and the presidential system.

You didn't read the link I posted did you?

lol well it's a decent write up opinion piece (including links) on the pros and cons of both the parliamentary system and the presidential system.

And you didn't read my reply at all, since the pros and cons of each had nothing to do with it.

I did ask you to define gridlock, while dancing around the issue that laws are passed all the time. Proceed...

And you didn't read my reply at all, since the pros and cons of each had nothing to do with it.

I did ask you to define gridlock, while dancing around the issue that laws are passed all the time. Proceed...

The link answers your questions. All the while my questions go unanswered.

you couldn't work that one out yourself? The two forms of government here, the legislature and the executive branch were gridlocked during the debt limit debacle. Both were unable to pass anything until the final moment. In the end after all the posturing, a rushed policy goes through that was one of the worst policies bought up during the whole debacle.

When the two branches hold enough power the stop the other, you end up with a gridlocked government. You have used this term yourself in the same context. So here I am wondering why you even bought this up.

you couldn't work that one out yourself? The two forms of government here, the legislature and the executive branch were gridlocked during the debt limit debacle. Both were unable to pass anything until the final moment. In the end after all the posturing, a rushed policy goes through that was one of the worst policies bought up during the whole debacle.

When the two branches hold enough power the stop the other, you end up with a gridlocked government. You have used this term yourself in the same context. So here I am wondering why you even bought this up.
THAT IS THE POINT.

If we wanted to just make things move fast WE COULD GO FOR A DICTATORSHIP. Eliminate all branches of government, put all the power in the hands of a few or one individual. That sure would speed shit up.

THAT IS THE POINT.

If we wanted to just make things move fast WE COULD GO FOR A DICTATORSHIP. Eliminate all branches of government, put all the power in the hands of a few or one individual. That sure would speed shit up.

Great insight there. Really informative.

So you either have a government that fucks around and gets in credit score downgraded, or you go for a dictatorship while completely disregarding the parliamentary system.

Bravo.

Great insight there. Really informative.

So you either have a government that fucks around and gets in credit score downgraded, or you go for a dictatorship while completely disregarding the parliamentary system.

Bravo.
Because they aren't fucking better. In Israel the average parliament lasts 25 months and NO PARTY has ever obtained a majority. Italy has had 2 week parliaments at times, and suffers from severe political paralysis.

Not to mention there is NO separation of powers, the majority of the legislature is the executive government full stop. The Westminster system existed when our country was founded and WE DIDNT ADOPT IT. King George was the figurative head of government but we were in fact rebelling against the british parliament's levy of taxes.

The "debt" crises was the single stupidest thing I've ever seen. You could tell from the word go it was just a publicity stunt, for both parties. There was never any real threat of the government shutting down. Real emergencies tend to creep up and take everyone by surprise, that started in May with it being mentioned more, and more and more, until it got to full on hysteria in early August.

S&P is essentially a moral hazard machine. They wanted payback for their embarassment in the housing crises, and the Dodd Frank act. They were ripe for pouncing on any excuse. because guess what, the debt cieling DID get passed, and they downgraded on intangibles anyway. A for profit subsidiary of a publishing company is not who I look to for financial guidance. That's not even counting how much money is to be made by upping volatility in the stock market. They announced it on a Friday which gave everyone a full weekend to line up their ducks for the oncoming shitstorm. That is a GIFT to anyone who trades anything on the auction market.

Last edited:
They aren't better? That's interesting. A very well reknowned scholar writes that the parliamentary system is better, but fuck that, you know better.