Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LLYF3Zj.jpg

people get all kinds of pissed off when you shoot a bear, even in places that are swamped with them, so i don't think this holds true either.

Then they take other measures to protect themselves. There's always a work around, it simply whether you expect everyone else to work around you or you work around the situation. Forcing others to do something like get a vaccine to protect the ones that can't get the vaccine is the truly selfish thing to do. I can't protect myself so I demand that you all protect me.
How do you feel about building codes?

In that case, and I don't know if this stands for all 50 states, but you don't have the right to bear arms because at least most states won't allow you to carry any size knife.
Someone giving you permission, or allowing you to do something, means it's a privilege. You don't need anyone's permission if it's a right. And that's what Molon Labe means. It's my right. And if you want to take away that right, you'll have to spill my blood to do it. Most people though, are reasonable and are able to pick and choose their battles and how they're fought. Those that can't, end up dead and smeared on the papers as a radical right wing nut job.

Oh good. a THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument.

In my eyes, a child is no more or less important than an adult. ................... Your child is your responsibility, not mine.
Bullshit.

Children are more important than adults, as they are what keep the world going. Every successive generation takes care of the generation before it.
Even if you don't have kids, someone's kids are going to be running everything that takes care of you when you get old and feeble. So you better hope them little fuckers are healthy and get a good education.

Bullshit.

Children are more important than adults, as they are what keep the world going. Every successive generation takes care of the generation before it.
Even if you don't have kids, someone's kids are going to be running everything that takes care of you when you get old and feeble. So you better hope them little fuckers are healthy and get a good education.

nah, thintoast can afford mexicans to take care of him when he's old and feeble.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
A right is something that you can do, on your own, without anyone giving you anything to make it happen.

I have the right to choose
I have the right to bear arms
I have the right to voice my opinion
I have the right to feel safe in my own home

I have the right to do all of that. None of that is a privilege. I have the right to do it and I don't need anyone else to make it happen. The moment I rely on someone else to make something happen, it no longer becomes a right. It becomes a privilege.
None of those are things that you can inherently do on your own without getting anything from others. Even voicing your own opinion is something that needs another person to hear it.

But to others what you think is the right thing to do, might not be so for them.

The right thing is based on a collective majority opinion. And as a part of the US, our system was designed to protect the opinions of the minority so they wouldn't get steamrolled. That's the beauty of a republic vs a democracy and the beauty of the individuals right to choose.
you're acting like all opinions have equal weight or correctness. this isn't about having a favorite color, it's about whether you believe in science or not, and facts don't change just because someone ignores them

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Someone giving you permission, or allowing you to do something, means it's a privilege. You don't need anyone's permission if it's a right. And that's what Molon Labe means. It's my right. And if you want to take away that right, you'll have to spill my blood to do it. Most people though, are reasonable and are able to pick and choose their battles and how they're fought. Those that can't, end up dead and smeared on the papers as a radical right wing nut job.

If you ever commit a felony:
You can no longer vote in some locations
You may not be able to leave the country
You're not allowed to bear arms
You may not be able to get a job
You lose government programs and loans.

These were all considered rights to a person, yet, your actions cause someone to remove the permission to do so.

you're acting like all opinions have equal weight or correctness. this isn't about having a favorite color, it's about whether you believe in science or not, and facts don't change just because someone ignores them
All opinions do have equal weight. I said nothing about correctness. Fact is not an opinion. The fact that a vaccine could wipe out a virus forever is not an opinion. An opinion that a vaccine could cause down's syndrome, is an opinion.

All opinions do have equal weight. I said nothing about correctness. Fact is not an opinion. The fact that a vaccine could wipe out a virus forever is not an opinion. An opinion that a vaccine could cause down's syndrome, is an opinion.
No. If someone has a different opinion than the majority they are wrong and their opinion doesn't matter. The government should force everyone to do exactly what it wants.

I'm with thintoast on this one. Vaccinations should not be required. (Yes all my kids are vaccinated).

Status
Not open for further replies.