Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what responsibility do we have to prevent a kid that medically can't get vaccinated from getting the measles from a kid that's not vaccinated because the parents are afraid of Zombies?
He gets a medical suspension from school. He gets court ordered quarantine. whatever. And THOSE are the consequences that you have if you don't get the vaccine.

Yes, it's a privilege. It's not my right to be a part of that program. It's a privilege. It's my right to decide if I want to participate, but it's a privilege to actually be selected as a participant and be a part of it.

That whole part about not being is incorrect. I never said the vaccine program shouldn't be because it's a privilege. I simply said it's not a right to be healthy. I don't have a right to this program, just like you don't have the right to have cough medicine when you have a cough. You have the privilege that it exists and the right to choose to use it. You DON'T have the right for it's existence.
But you're using my money as part of the premium pool, to participate in your privilege.

a story about a guy forcing precautions upon others instead of, i dunno, home schooling until his kid is well enough to get his own vaccine? that whole story seems really selfish. maybe we should ban international travelers, that's apparently the source of the problem, not the other kids at the school.
So now you're advocating losing or quitting a job so that he doesn't have to worry about fighting a once eradicated disease?

So now you're advocating losing or quitting a job so that he doesn't have to worry about fighting a once eradicated disease?

i don't have kids, but if i did i'd quit my job to keep them safe if i was truly concerned. it's also not something i'd worry about because herd mentality doesn't require 100%, just the majority, especially in an area where a disease has basically been eradicated. damn foreigners though, why don't we require them to have vaccines?

I never said it was the right thing to do, I'm just playing devils advocate for the people who use their right to choose to not get the vaccination.

if it's not the right thing to do then they're not allowed to do it

you don't get to choose not to vaccinate. no if ands or buts. you want to not be enclosed in a sterile box? roll up your sleeve or drop trou

I never get the flu shot, but as soon as I feel it coming on, I stay home so that I don't get other people sick.

Just because I don't prevent the sickness, doesn't mean I'll do nothing to prevent it from spreading.

a flu shot is not comparable to the measles

banning something has never worked.

also, i'm pro choice. government shouldn't be telling people what to do with their bodies. let darwin kill the unvacced idiots with measles or whatever else.

hah yeah, little children deserve to die am i rite bro?

if it's not the right thing to do then they're not allowed to do it

you don't get to choose not to vaccinate. no if ands or buts. you want to not be enclosed in a sterile box? roll up your sleeve or drop trou
But to others what you think is the right thing to do, might not be so for them.

The right thing is based on a collective majority opinion. And as a part of the US, our system was designed to protect the opinions of the minority so they wouldn't get steamrolled. That's the beauty of a republic vs a democracy and the beauty of the individuals right to choose.

is horrible to say

what does that say about the people who believe it?

Yes, it's a privilege. It's not my right to be a part of that program. It's a privilege. It's my right to decide if I want to participate, but it's a privilege to actually be selected as a participant and be a part of it.

That whole part about not being is incorrect. I never said the vaccine program shouldn't be because it's a privilege. I simply said it's not a right to be healthy. I don't have a right to this program, just like you don't have the right to have cough medicine when you have a cough. You have the privilege that it exists and the right to choose to use it. You DON'T have the right for it's existence.

"rights" are imaginary social constructs that we invent. we can decide what is and isn't a right. the majority of the civilized world thinks that things like health care and education are basic human rights

What about the kid that medically can't get the vaccine? What happens to the kid who's told if you do get the vaccine, you'll die?
Oh good. a THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument.

In my eyes, a child is no more or less important than an adult. A life is a life, end of story. Unfortunately that child may be raised by retarded parents who would rather put their susceptible child in school where they're going to encounter certain diseases and shit. That's a part of a civilized society, just like vaccinations are. If you can't go out during a medical scare such as this, you get home schooling. Get a tutor. Whatever you have to do to protect your child. Your child is your responsibility, not mine.

But to others what you think is the right thing to do, might not be so for them.

fucking so? opinions are not all equal. if they're wrong then they're wrong, doesn't matter how they fucking feel about it.
The right thing is based on a collective majority opinion. And as a part of the US, our system was designed to protect the opinions of the minority so they wouldn't get steamrolled. That's the beauty of a republic vs a democracy and the beauty of the individuals right to choose.
the system was not designed to allow the minority to carry a fucking plague

Oh good. a THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument.

In my eyes, a child is no more or less important than an adult. A life is a life, end of story. Unfortunately that child may be raised by retarded parents who would rather put their susceptible child in school where they're going to encounter certain diseases and shit. That's a part of a civilized society, just like vaccinations are. If you can't go out during a medical scare such as this, you get home schooling. Get a tutor. Whatever you have to do to protect your child. Your child is your responsibility, not mine.

oh, now I've figured it out

You're not a troll. You're just a horrible human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.