Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking your 'I gotta be free' mode to the extreme, if you want to spray yourself with death spray, do you have any responsibility to make sure that spray doesn't get on anyone else? Or, does that infringe on your 'I gotta be free' mode?

srsly
Responsibility and rights are two different things.

Yes, I would have that responsibility. but I'd have the right do to it anywhere I please.

The world is a scary place. Here in Murica, we're rather sheltered from that kind of world because we all try to live in a utopia that doesn't exist. We forget that everyone else has different opinions, different reasons for their beliefs and different personalities based on how they were raised, where their families come from and all that shit. People talk about the melting pot, but when it comes to personal choice, if you're not of the same opinion as me, you're wrong.

so then logically, would you be okay with not being forced to get vaccinated, but quarantining all non vaccinated (by choice) people? or should contracting preventable diseases be punishable by law?
I'm going to the dark side here when I say that the world is over populated as it is. The resources available cannot sustain the amount of people on this planet as well as the rest of the population of plants and animals. As we continue to grow in population, stronger, more deadly viruses and diseases are appearing. Some have mutated to more destructive viruses, some that were once thought extinct, etc. Why is that? Is that perhaps mother nature trying to control the population? Perhaps she's telling us there are too many god damned people on the planet and that we're killing her?

Then again that might be an extremist point of view and totally irrational.

Responsibility and rights are two different things.

I think that's the conversation here.

If you don't want your kid vaccinated, the petri dish kid needs to be tagged like a dairy cow so the rest of us can identify them, and then they should be denied access to the general public. Further, anyone that comes into contact with said petri-dish kid should have a 33 day quarantine 'general public access denial' too.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm going to the dark side here when I say that the world is over populated as it is. The resources available cannot sustain the amount of people on this planet as well as the rest of the population of plants and animals. As we continue to grow in population, stronger, more deadly viruses and diseases are appearing. Some have mutated to more destructive viruses, some that were once thought extinct, etc. Why is that? Is that perhaps mother nature trying to control the population? Perhaps she's telling us there are too many god damned people on the planet and that we're killing her?

Then again that might be an extremist point of view and totally irrational.

lolz. Tin Foil Hat Society.

At least it's just noise.

You're acting like being healthy is a right. It's not. It's a privilege.

I think this is such a horrible worldview to have

While that sounds a bit selfish, and it really is, I can't live my life worrying about everyone elses.

It sounds selfish because you're a selfish person. You most certainly can life your life like that, you choose not to. In fact, most people choose not to and that's ok. But that doesn't mean you can hide selfish beliefs behind a bullshit ideology of "personal responsibility". you, me, and everyone around us has lived a life possibly only because groups of people came together for the common good instead of simply worrying about their own little slices of the planet

That's what civilization is.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Then the minute someone infects another with their disease/virus because they were not vaccinated, give them (or their parents if under 18) jail time or death if they directly kill someone.

What does that do for the innocent victim of a stupid decision? Absolutely nothing. Instead of punishing the consequence, prevent the problem from happening in the first place.
Not sure if all viruses/diseases work the same, but I remember reading how AIDS/HIV is traceable based on its own genetic code so there is a way to know who gave it to you.

I know there are complexities with this route, but the dream is nice. IB someone starts arguing with me because they didn't read this far.
I read it but the second part is inconsequential to my response. :p

I'm going to the dark side here when I say that the world is over populated as it is. The resources available cannot sustain the amount of people on this planet as well as the rest of the population of plants and animals.
didn't we already have this conversation or was it with someone else?

the world is not overpopulated. we have a resource management problem. the biosphere is in trouble because of our actions, not our existence

You're acting like being healthy is a right. It's not. It's a privilege.

With that argument, let's ban smoking because second hand smoke is a heath hazard to everyone regardless of whether they smoke or not. Let's deprive them of their right to freedom of choice. Let's ban driving any kind of vehicle that creates cancer causing emissions from the burning of coal or oil, including all electric vehicles that are plugged in to outlets in homes that are not equipped with sufficient solar panels to create the clean energy needed to provide the battery (which contains toxic chemicals as well by the way) a full charge. You see how stupid this sounds?

We all have a right to choose what's best for us. We don't have the right to choose what's best for us by infringing on others right to choose.

It's about personal responsibility. I am responsible for me and my family. I am NOT responsible for you and yours. While that sounds a bit selfish, and it really is, I can't live my life worrying about everyone elses. Everyone gets sick. Everyone has a deficiency somewhere. If you're worried about it, get vaccinated. If you can't, then maybe you're not the strongest gene in the pool. I'm not stopping you from doing that, nor do I have the right to stop you. But just like I don't have the right to stop you. you don't have the right to force me. It's a two way street.
By that token, I have a right to drive, but if I run you over because you were jaywalking, not only do I not have any concerns, but your family owes me for payments of damage to my car.

After all, I'm just driving. Just because you can't get out of the way, doesn't mean it'ls my problem.

Oh come on - we know this argument with him is stupid. He's either that ignorant or that good of a troll. I haven't decided which yet.

yeah but really...that's why we're all members of a forum. every last one of us fucking loves to argue on the internet yet loathes it at the same time

SV6313.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.