Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between them dying from the measles my unvaccinated ass gave them and me just shooting them?
Most people walking around have had their vaccination. If they're leaving the house unvaccinated for whatever reasons, they know the risk involved and should expect to encounter a situation where their lack of vaccination can pose an issue.

Most people don't wear body armor when they walk out the door.

Most people walking around have had their vaccination. If they're leaving the house unvaccinated for whatever reasons, they know the risk involved and should expect to encounter a situation where their lack of vaccination can pose an issue.

yes but that person could stand in line next to a person that has a specific medical condition preventing them from taking vaccinations and you're carrying a disease that you could have been vaccinated for

note: totally mixing my pronouns, not giving a fuck

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
yes but that person could stand in line next to a person that has a specific medical condition preventing them from taking vaccinations and you're carrying a disease that you could have been vaccinated for

note: totally mixing my pronouns, not giving a fuck
I never said it was the right thing to do, I'm just playing devils advocate for the people who use their right to choose to not get the vaccination.

The point I'm making here is that you want to force people to get the vaccine. That's like saying we're going to force you to stop smoking altogether. Or you have to stop consuming alcohol in public because you might get behind the wheel and hit someone.
substances are banned all the time, what are you even talking about, that's a terrible example.

yeah but really...that's why we're all members of a forum. every last one of us fucking loves to argue on the internet yet loathes it at the same time
PNcFFUB.gif

yeah, fuck kids with cancer. in addition to the hell that is their short lives, they should never ever be allowed to leave the house because if they catch a horrible illness and die its THEIR fault for leaving the house without their plastic bubble (when, up until this recent boom in anti vaxxers again, it would have been relatively safe before thanks to herd immunity) and not the fault of the science and fact deniers

substances are banned all the time, what are you even talking about, that's a terrible example.

banning something has never worked.

also, i'm pro choice. government shouldn't be telling people what to do with their bodies. let darwin kill the unvacced idiots with measles or whatever else.

banning something has never worked.

also, i'm pro choice. government shouldn't be telling people what to do with their bodies. let darwin kill the unvacced idiots with measles or whatever else.

There are a lot of cases where a child cannot be vaccinated because of an existing medical condition, like cancer.

yeah, fuck kids with cancer. in addition to the hell that is their short lives, they should never ever be allowed to leave the house because if they catch a horrible illness and die its THEIR fault for leaving the house without their plastic bubble (when, up until this recent boom in anti vaxxers again, it would have been relatively safe before thanks to herd immunity) and not the fault of the science and fact deniers
Life sucks. And part of life is death. Some are lucky enough to have strong immune systems, others not so much. It's a luck of the draw and not everyone elses responsibility to make their own lives less comfortable just to accommodate someone else's deficiency.

I get it, herd immunity and all that. And as a nurse or whatever, that's your view. I'm not arguing that it's wrong. I'm arguing that forcing someone to do something to themselves if they believe it's wrong, just because of a few others that might be affected is the wrong way to look at it.

I never said it was the right thing to do, I'm just playing devils advocate for the people who use their right to choose to not get the vaccination.
The issue is (since you mentioned smoking), a person can die from being around you for 1 second due to non-vaccination. (not saying it's probable, just that there's a chance) You cannot die from 1 second exposure to second hand smoke.

Life sucks. And part of life is death. Some are lucky enough to have strong immune systems, others not so much. It's a luck of the draw and not everyone elses responsibility to make their own lives less comfortable just to accommodate someone else's deficiency.

I get it, herd immunity and all that. And as a nurse or whatever, that's your view. I'm not arguing that it's wrong. I'm arguing that forcing someone to do something to themselves if they believe it's wrong, just because of a few others that might be affected is the wrong way to look at it.
So that whole diabetes program your not paying for should never be because it's a privilege to not be susceptible to diabetes?

There are a lot of cases where a child cannot be vaccinated because of an existing medical condition, like cancer.

i'm sure measles is the last of those kids worries. the majority of people will still get vacc'd so i doubt it'll ever become an issue of this one cancer kid running into this one un-vaccinated kid who happens to have caught some disease that was virtually wiped out and kept knocked out by mass inoculations... i mean come on, educate people then let them choose to do whatever. getting pissed at others choices is no way to live your own life.

i'm sure measles is the last of those kids worries. the majority of people will still get vacc'd so i doubt it'll ever become an issue of this one cancer kid running into this one un-vaccinated kid who happens to have caught some disease that was virtually wiped out and kept knocked out by mass inoculations... i mean come on, educate people then let them choose to do whatever. getting pissed at others choices is no way to live your own life.
You mean like this?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/29/health/california-boy-vaccine-school/

But it's a truly incredible scene. Rhett survived nearly four years of chemotherapy for leukemia and has been in remission for a year and a half.

Now he has another challenge -- the children who are not immunized at his school in a state where the number of measles cases grows each week.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke

So what responsibility do we have to prevent a kid that medically can't get vaccinated from getting the measles from a kid that's not vaccinated because the parents are afraid of Zombies?

So that whole diabetes program your not paying for should never be because it's a privilege to not be susceptible to diabetes?
Yes, it's a privilege. It's not my right to be a part of that program. It's a privilege. It's my right to decide if I want to participate, but it's a privilege to actually be selected as a participant and be a part of it.

That whole part about not being is incorrect. I never said the vaccine program shouldn't be because it's a privilege. I simply said it's not a right to be healthy. I don't have a right to this program, just like you don't have the right to have cough medicine when you have a cough. You have the privilege that it exists and the right to choose to use it. You DON'T have the right for it's existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.