Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
72ifohb0l6m21.jpg

hi guises, greetings from Canada!
me again!

who is Beto O’Rourke? are y’all loving or hating him?
or are you pretty much divided like y’all are on healthcare, racism,privilege and burgers vs salads?

edumacate me

you and april will like him because you 2 are also drunkards.

He was arrested for dwi when he hit a car and a witness said he tried to flee the scene.

jfc the shooting in NZ
fuck... I made the mistake of watching the video that the shooter livestreamed... not the whole thing but skipped through parts of it.

After getting a shitty sleep last night being frustrated and mad at the world, I think everyone should watch that video now, because this is where the fuck we are right now as a society and that's a reality that needs to get smashed into people's heads.

fuck... I made the mistake of watching the video that the shooter livestreamed... not the whole thing but skipped through parts of it.

After getting a shitty sleep last night being frustrated and mad at the world, I think everyone should watch that video now, because this is where the fuck we are right now as a society and that's a reality that needs to get smashed into people's heads.
I am torn between feeling morally obligated to watch it and knowing I cannot handle watching it. also I don't want to add to the view count, which the shooter and/or his ilk will view as an indicator of popularity/success.

I've seen some chatter that he was part of atomwaffen but idk if that's true so consider it conjecture at this point.

I am torn between feeling morally obligated to watch it and knowing I cannot handle watching it. also I don't want to add to the view count, which the shooter and/or his ilk will view as an indicator of popularity/success.

I've seen some chatter that he was part of atomwaffen but idk if that's true so consider it conjecture at this point.
I downloaded a .mp4 file straight off some random URL someone posted on reddit, not anything on liveleak or somewhere where there's a view counter that some alt-right fuckbags will beat off to.

The shooter was active on 8chan /pol, could have been involved with atomwaffen etc but who the fuck knows.

a [m] friend some of y'all know who works for a popular streaming platform says people have been trying to restream it, but they're taking it down as soon as it's reported. she saw the Madden one live :( but I think she's been able to avoid this one.

nope can’t say that i have
but that’s a super cool fact

how does @yeppers @Amstel feel about him

At this point, he's just another candidate. The only reason anyone knows of him is because the media drove him to relevance when he ran for senator against Ted Cruz in TX for the 11/2018 senate election. It was a close race, and the balance of the senate was near 50/50 so the media created a fever pitch about the race.

The race was presented as an amazing, long running, cliff hanger, suspense filled drama that the best movies try to create.

He had 3 terms (2yrs each) as a congressman from tx. He wasn't a particularly special congressman.

The important thing to watch is *how* the media handles each of the candidates. Pay attn to the questions asked & the answers given.

Betos announcement that he's running looked like a spectacle with all the handwaving - standing on -was it a restaurant table? spouting dire consequences for the world. Cliffs: Vote for Beto or succumb to global catastrophe.

Also, pay attn to what the candidates are saying now, vs the past.

Beto just before the election in Nov 2018:
In an interview Sunday with CBS' "60 Minutes" program, O'Rourke, who is facing a likely defeat Tuesday, said the impact on his young family of five was one of the reasons he wasn't considering seeking higher office.​
"We've spent the better part of the last two years not with each other, missing birthdays, and anniversaries, and time together. Our family could not survive more of that. We need to be together," O'Rourke said. "I'm saying that if elected to the Senate, I'll serve every day of that six-year term. I'm not looking at 2020, and in fact, I'm completely ruling that out. I'm not going to do that. Win or lose, I'm not running in 2020."​

fwiw, apparently in 2011 he said he wasn't running for congress for the same reasons.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I like how Drumph, when asked what he thought of O’Rourke, said something like “He talks a lot with his hands, moves them around a lot, like a crazy person.” (paraphrased)

King of Projection

I downloaded a .mp4 file straight off some random URL someone posted on reddit, not anything on liveleak or somewhere where there's a view counter that some alt-right fuckbags will beat off to.

The shooter was active on 8chan /pol, could have been involved with atomwaffen etc but who the fuck knows.
well there's definitely Nazi references even beyond the manifesto, and they're not particularly subtle - some pics one shooter posted of his gear shows a sonnenrad symbol, and there's more than one instance of 14 (as in "the fourteen words").

and the fucking senator for Queensland is blaming Muslim immigrants for bringing this on themselves.

you and april will like him because you 2 are also drunkards.

He was arrested for dwi when he hit a car and a witness said he tried to flee the scene.

Dude likes to party. Nothing wrong with that.

I thought it was more telling when they asked Pelosi if she could name some of his accomplishments when he was in the House and she was completely stuck on stupid and couldn't come up with one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
This. So much this.
I thought it was more telling when they asked Pelosi if she could name some of his accomplishments when he was in the House and she was completely stuck on stupid and couldn't come up with one.

She even bought a little time to come up with an answer with ~"i haven't been asked this before, but I can give you an answer, uh, uh, he's big enviro champion"

At this point, he's just another candidate. The only reason anyone knows of him is because the media drove him to relevance when he ran for senator against Ted Cruz in TX for the 11/2018 senate election. It was a close race, and the balance of the senate was near 50/50 so the media created a fever pitch about the race.

The race was presented as an amazing, long running, cliff hanger, suspense filled drama that the best movies try to create.

He had 3 terms (2yrs each) as a congressman from tx. He wasn't a particularly special congressman.

The important thing to watch is *how* the media handles each of the candidates. Pay attn to the questions asked & the answers given.

Betos announcement that he's running looked like a spectacle with all the handwaving - standing on -was it a restaurant table? spouting dire consequences for the world. Cliffs: Vote for Beto or succumb to global catastrophe.

Also, pay attn to what the candidates are saying now, vs the past.

Beto just before the election in Nov 2018:
In an interview Sunday with CBS' "60 Minutes" program, O'Rourke, who is facing a likely defeat Tuesday, said the impact on his young family of five was one of the reasons he wasn't considering seeking higher office.​
"We've spent the better part of the last two years not with each other, missing birthdays, and anniversaries, and time together. Our family could not survive more of that. We need to be together," O'Rourke said. "I'm saying that if elected to the Senate, I'll serve every day of that six-year term. I'm not looking at 2020, and in fact, I'm completely ruling that out. I'm not going to do that. Win or lose, I'm not running in 2020."​

fwiw, apparently in 2011 he said he wasn't running for congress for the same reasons.

can someone translate this post for me please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.