Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critiques of the speech said he was presidential for half of the speech, then he started to get aroused more animated and Trumplike as he went into details about the crimes those god damned brown people illegal immigrants were committing

I saw a gleam in his eye when he went off script and said something like “they’ll be on right after this”.

How long before he claims “Yuge ratings!” “Better than Chuck and Nancy!”

coupled with the fact that the president was very oddly being .... presidential, the whole thing was weird. Whoever wrote that speech for him must have bribed him with a whole buncha of russian hookers. That was completely out of character for him.

If it was remotely sincere, I would applaud him for me, but there is no way that shit wasnt completely fake. It was just such a departure from his behavior for the past two years.

I caught about the last 4-5 minutes of trump and noticed the same thing. He listened to his coaches on this one.
Kept waiting for him to go off script or say something bombastic but he managed to keep a lid on it for what I assume was about 10 minutes.

Would've liked to hear an open mic after it went off air

And yet instead of criticizing the message, you continue to criticize the image.

I have to join in on that, sorry. Optics are important, especially in that setting. If I didn’t know who they were and saw them appear on screen suddenly, I’d automatically have a negative feeling.

I know that says more about me than them, but really? They could’ve changed that look. And she could’ve blinked once or twice.

I have to join in on that, sorry. Optics are important, especially in that setting. If I didn’t know who they were and saw them appear on screen suddenly, I’d automatically have a negative feeling.

I know that says more about me than them, but really? They could’ve changed that look. And she could’ve blinked once or twice.
Politicians have faces fit for radio, almost to a person.

I didn't watch either the racist rant or the patient parents' response, because the facts have already been laid out and the case for the wall is wanting.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I caught about the last 4-5 minutes of trump and noticed the same thing. He listened to his coaches on this one.
Kept waiting for him to go off script or say something bombastic but he managed to keep a lid on it for what I assume was about 10 minutes.

Would've liked to hear an open mic after it went off air
the open mike is twitter. I cant get to it here, but i bet he's posted at least 5 insane things since 5am this morning.

Politicians have faces fit for radio, almost to a person.

I didn't watch either the racist rant or the patient parents' response, because the facts have already been laid out and the case for the wall is wanting.
oh, he's still wrong and his logic is bullshit, but it almost seemed like rational, non-rabid bullshit, rather than frothing at the mouth bullshit.

oh, he's still wrong and his logic is bullshit, but it almost seemed like rational, non-rabid bullshit, rather than frothing at the mouth bullshit.

It was kind of obvious Steven Miller was more involved in writing the second half.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Bacon.

FluidBeneficialDromaeosaur.gif

Most meat is on automated machinery. The larger piece your local butcher cuts into smaller pieces was also likely on one.

I need to follow through with making gifs from that movie Dominion. Slaughterhouse/processing plant footage has been largely deplatformed. Probably qualifies as some kind of ~ist or ~phobe like everything else now.
No, meat and dairy are very powerful lobbyists. There are laws in many states that filming in a slaughterhouse, or even the animals in the truck bound for slaughter, is illegal. The FILMING is illegal.

Like Paul McCartney said, If there were only glass walls on slaughterhouses, (or abbatoirs as they so nicely name them in England)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
As though anyone will pay for that. People don’t even want to pay taxes and are discussing doing away with income taxes in favor of paying for the “parts of government you use”. I heard that discussed.

Society today has no interest in helping anyone other than themselves or their own.

Don't miss the link I put at the bottom.

https://www.yang2020.com/what-is-ubi/

Don't miss the link I put at the bottom.

https://www.yang2020.com/what-is-ubi/

Ood dude, I know about the pitch. Go outside today and ask 50 well to do people how they feel about tax rates from 1955 and let them know the top rate was like 90%, and if they’d like to pay that now.

Society today is all about me me me. They just passed tax cuts and are aiming for more. The Dems want it just as bad, even if they say they don’t.

I’m all for UBI but it ain’t gonna happen, not in my lifetime, yours, or our children’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.